ROE IN THE FOG

I arrived at my ground for 1st light this morning but unfortunately it was thick fog :realmad: :realmad:

Anyway after about 10 mins it lifted slighlty so I began to stalk a little wood,I hadnt been in the wood for a couple of mins when a doe stepped out onto the track in front of me,which I duly despatched.

As I was only a couple of hundred yards from the car I gralloched it and took it back,as I came round a bend I walked straight into the path of a fox which took off at great speed......I dont know who got the biggest shock!!!! :yahoo:

I put the doe in the car and decided to go and have a spy for the fox.........anyway the fog came back in and was really hard to see.As I entered the wood I spotted the fox at the gralloch I had just performed but once again off it took at great speed :realmad:

I tried to carry on stalking but it was totally impossible,after seeing a couple of white rumps disappearing into the mist I decided to pack in :aikido:

Anyway I returned home with my prize,not a bad result seeing as the fog had only lifted for about 10 mins............. :icon_eek:

[been out on morning s like that my self. and most times had to make my way home .But i do remeber on morning first light just a slight fog at my house and i could see the moors out the window and made out a couple of farmhouse lights so off i went. I sat about 100 yards back from the trees and couldnt see a toss was just getting ready to go [bANNED TEXT] a heard a roe bark quite far off it was enough to make me sit still for a while longer. i could see the fog rise in fact from the ground up the first two foot was cristal clear so i sat and higher the fog got. The roe that barked came out on to the open field but it was a doe :icon_redface: i was sure with the deep bark it was a buck but hey was werth the wait i watched her for a full hour till she went back in the trees for a kip. So yep get out [bANNED TEXT] you can no mater the weather we are hunting animals that need to eat so do as they do.

:good: