ULTIMATE LAMP

Guest vin

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive modified a maglite..with a kit from hong kong..and it very bright and tight with a good beam for about 50-75 yards..its got an aspherical lens that reduces spread and tightens spot for throw... it is easy good enough for bunnies. etc etc ..can be focused for spread and spot.

its an easy do it yourself kit with any 2 or 3 D cell maglite. £20 for mag and £40 for modd kit..

i also bought a led torch with the aspherical lens kit that is half the size of the mag..but so far its looking even better than mag..the beam is awsum and so tight it looks like a light sabre.. i took it out in park last night and it was lighting up a tight spot further than i would be looking.

i think perfect for mooching..definately better than anything i have tried or seen so far... its bloody perfect.. runs on 2X rechargable CR123A or 1 X Li-ion 18650 rechargable...available in kit with 2 batts/charger for £20.

torch cost with kit £60 .. fits in pocket easy, also with belt holster.

ive had a word with the supplier in hing kong and im trying to get a discount for a larger order,and also if they can make a copy of original version cheaper...and poss better..

you never know its worth a try.

i will let you all know ... but if your interested in one let me know and i will have an idea how many to order.

all the best

vin

heres a pic in my room of the beam and hotspot..it really does throw a long way for such a small torch.

outside beam shots soon.

post-11815-1237425027.jpg

Hello all

Just spoke to little guy in Hong Kong..i have to order 500 units to get a discount on orders...how rubbish is that ?

But i have been talking about trying to design a new order of torch from them with a new name and upgraded spec to the one i have just made and the one i purchased from them...(they say its poss).

Its gonna take a while,but the idea is promising and the technology is already there..from the stuff i have tried and and seen for myself so far,i think there is deffo a gap in the market for a little pocket rocket torch.

i could give you details on how to make your own set-up..or where to buy a ready-made unit...or i could try and set-up a online outlet for you to come and buy from me..

beamshots from outside at night coming soon...you will be quite impressed im sure.

vin.

My Mate made a homemade lamp which we used last night and it was bloody excellent if i may say so.

Rabbits were stunned and didnt move

cost : £0

its lightweight and has a handle :)

Battery - Motorbike Battery

Lamp - spotlight from a Mini

Switch - car fog light switch

Bulb 55w

Lamp can swivel up and down

will have to get him to add a pic.

gonna make a couple more. :)

A LAMP FOR ME WOULD HAVE BLITZ BEAM WITH A GATE BULB (TO GIVE IT A NAME)PROPER WIRING WOULD BE GOOD,THE HANDLE OF THE LAMP SHOULD SPLIT SO IF YOU DID HAVE A PROBLEM ITS NOT BRAIN SURGERY TO REPLACE THE WIRES,ON MY BLITZ I FITTED A ROCKER SWITCH ON THE BACK WHEN I REWIRED IT,NO NOISE AND WIDELY AVAILABLE IN ANY MOTOR FACTORS THEY ARE USED FOR TAXI SIGNS,HINGED FILTERS ARE A NO BRAINER AS THE BLITZ ONE DOES MY HEAD IN, IF YOU GET SOMETHING LKE THIS SORTED PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE HOT OF THE MOULD FELLA :clapper::clapper:
if you cut all the lugs off the blitz filter,its am lot quiter and easier to put on. holds on just fine without them. did my head in before i cut them all off!

yes you want a good tight beam i perfer the tighter the better to pin piont wat exactly i want dog to go for if you no wat i mean with a secondary bulb or dimer also red filter . one off the things that pisses me off with the batterys is they hold like a memory so if you dont run thm dead after time they only charge from that point and dont last i thought of that new type lithegeon like on the new hand power drills they are smaller lighter dont hold a memory and last longer just a thought .Good look

what about this looks a pretty good deal and it goes p to 1600 lumins

link

ta alan

hello alan..

from what ive seen so far...it will have way too much spread and not enough throw.. no where near as good as the one i have already made for less..

im trying to get a similar type of set-up ready made like the E-Bay deal,with all you need in one package..so far i would have to buy something similar to that ebay link...then buy a lens kit to modify the beam etc etc..but that particular LED is no good for the aspheric lens..it would throw multiple images of the LEDs.

Im still working at it...I,ve been out tonight and used a Mag with an Aspheric LED mod..and another Tiablo with Aspheric lens..

the mag has a wider beam patern at distance...but it is perfectly good for Bunnies...The tiablo kit is longer throwing but even tighter on the beam and slightly brighter in the end spot... both are perfect for rabbits on gun or dog..the tiablo would be better for the gun.

batteries have lasted well so far.

all the best

vin

just a couple of pics to give you idea of sizes..

tha mags are 2xD cell size and im sure youve all had a touch up stick for your car at some point ?

im going to take some pictures in the daylight and then again at night in same place so you can see what the beams are like....so bloody busy i havnt had time to mess about with camera..but i will do it this week..deffo. look at the glass on the lens...thats what make al the difference..there is also an extended bezel kit for the mag now to cover up the lens and stop it from getting smashed like the smaller one has...the smaller one has holes in the bezel but thats ok and very easy to cover with insulation tape..its ok for just a little bit of around yourself vision because the beam is so tight it needs to be seen.

post-11815-1237905566.jpg

post-11815-1237905664.jpg

post-11815-1237905693.jpg

all the best chaps

vin

my ideal lamp would be the blaserlite with the same beam as the lightforce 170....

1. its reliable

2. its got a secondary bulb for gates and things

3. its small, light and robust

4. the hinged filter systems are second to none

5. if it ever does need a part i think the most expensive part is about a tenner

the only fault is the beam... i put in a flat lense from an 'ever ready' torch and i think it made a small difference but i wish it was as good as the lightforce 170....

narrow down the beam for me and you'll have a friend for life :D

post-2356-1236009516.jpg

Same problem as me the beams to wide and not long enough to run bigger game otherwise you have the perfect setup!

i have the same lamp had the same prob with it not being strong enuf the bulb in it was a 50 wat bulb i replaced it with a new steel reflector an a 100 wat halogen bulb i think it makes it 2 million candel now an got a new battery i got 4 to 5 hours lamping with this set up this is the battery

post-14157-1237908776_thumb.jpg

what a great topic, the blitz and striker are probably the best designed lamps around in my opinion but with the worst build quality,and the price is a joke for what you get. i dont know how they get away with it, but they are still not as good as the old colemans .

I havent got a clue if this would work but if you need a gate light on the striker can you not turn the head untill its at its maximum spreadiness and the beam will be that diffused it will be like a small light, as long as its kept pointed at the ground it might work(i dont own one so someone will have to try this out .

hello everyone..

I think i could probably get a full kit set -up with the following

1 .. Torch..5 mode rear switch.. low/med/high/strobe/off. or single mode switch..full/off

2. aspheric lens kit to add onto original torch.

3 2 X 18650 rechargable batteries.

4. Charger.

total price for the whole kit should be under £75 inc postage to your door.... It may be even less yet..im still trying to get a discount or some sort of deal going.im sure i can get a better deal in time..but so far thats around £ 20 less than i paid for mine..

I can also get a Kit that drops straight into a D cell Maglite...its quite easy to fit if you,ve got a few tools and a Mag already..it does turn the mag into a great very useable lamp..with a great beam with throw and small amount of spread...its a LED drop in kit with good forward facing Led for throw and an aspheric lens to give it max throw.. that cost me £40...im working on that discount ...its coming though.

im still at it chaps...as you see.

all the best

vin