ULTIMATE LAMP

Guest vin

dont care what anybody says you cant beat the coleman 800000 it has everything and if you can make a lamp half as good as that youll be doing ok

Thats a strange comment "I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS" :blink: it kind of implys that if some one shows you a better way , you wont belive it.

are you a member of the flat earth society :icon_redface:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all

ive been testing the little LEDs against a lightforce striker and i must say...im very impressed.

The beam throw is very close in distance of throw..just a little bit better on the striker. ( im talkin edges of the beam here)

the beam spread and spill is much less with the LEDs ... the led is much better at not lighting up the whole field and surrounding areas..

for shooting with a gun..the led is unbeatable so far ive seen nothing to touch it..

working with the dogs..is different..if the dog is clued up on the lamp and knows how to run a beam and pick up sitters etc etc the leds are the ultimate..

But ! as i have found out ...at 1st the dog needs to know whats going on a bit more on the lamp..its difficult at 1st because the beam is so tight the dog may have difficulty spotting etc etc..so i have used the big lamp to start off with and then slowly switched between the 2 differant set-ups.(which is easy when 1 of them fits in yer pocket and weighs nowt)... a couple of mates have tried out the LEDs and seen the difference and they all say the same.."wish i had one of them when i was a poacher".

Anyway chaps after all my hard work trawling the internet and trying to get a discount on a few of these set-ups etc etc i have come to a standstill.As I have said before im not trying to make money out of anyone, just get a good deal all round..the only way i can get a really good discount is by buying in 500 units at a time..sod that im not getting into a load of debt for you lot...hehee.

so if anyone is interested in these little "Poachers pocket LED" here is how i did it..

1st set up..

Get a 2D maglite from B&Q etc etc £20..if you havnt already got one.

Then order yourself one of these kits...

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1777

you want the Mag CREE Q5 LED Drop-in & 52mm Aspherical Lens Kit SKU: S004465 (item code) $34...... = asda price.

its easy to fit all you need is a set of Hex keys to remove the mag on/off switch..(Allen keys)..

the lens is easy to fit...just screws in....its focusable and with a couple of rechargeable D cell batteries it will do you proud on a night out.

2nd set up

TIABLO A9 led torch..with an ASPHERICAL LENS KIT...

its smaller than the Mag and the beam is even smaller and tighter and maybe a little bit more powerfull..its focusable from tight spot to slighty larger spread..but not as much spread as maglite...this is the best for shooting out of the 2.

it fits in the pocket and runs off 2x CR 123A lithiums 3V (like camera batts) or 1 X 18560 rechargeable..you can buy for about £20 with charger...

This set up is perfect for the pocket.Its small and powerfull..

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1101

$79.99

and the lens

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=6823

$29.99

charger and batts..

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=7939

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=2645

with all the bits etc etc including lens kit/original torch/2X 18650 batteries and charger.(they need the correct charger).

the total cost in uk pounds is around £85.

i would start with mag kit 1st and see what you think...because if you already have a mag it would only cost you around £25 to get set up..

if you want anymore info just ask...if you get stuck let me know..

I,M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN SOMEONE ON HERE THANKS ME FOR SHOWING THEM THE LIGHT ! ! !

ATVB

VIN

Nice work Vin,is that link the only place to buy it from or can they be bought from ebay?I still have a 3 cell maglite

from 15 years ago that has corroded at the bottom end which i may need to replace/cleanup,but i am considering

ressurecting it as it has been a reliable all round torch,so i may change the head set up as well,thanks for sharing,

Higgins.

VIN

Nice work Vin,is that link the only place to buy it from or can they be bought from ebay?I still have a 3 cell maglite

from 15 years ago that has corroded at the bottom end which i may need to replace/cleanup,but i am considering

ressurecting it as it has been a reliable all round torch,so i may change the head set up as well,thanks for sharing,

Higgins.

eyup D

ive looked on ebay for the Maglite custom cree set up..but only place so far is that Kaidomain site..its the cheapest and most reliable for getting the goods you ordered...theres loads of hong kong sits for the other Led torches,but so far these have been great on price and delivery...dont confuse them leds maglites on ebay with this set up..there no way near as good...ive got one of them super bright P7 leds in a mag and its well bright but does,nt work with the aspheric lens..it floods too much and doesnt throw forward ..the cree led is single and forward facing etc etc..it just works great.

you can get the Tiablo set up on ebay and the aspheric lens kit..

but if you,ve already got a mag..clean it up and use it...i,ll tell you what higgins if you dont like it...i,ll refund you the money.just send me the led and lens.

SUNDAYBAIN has just sent for one of the mag kits so we will see what he has to say..

atvb

vin

:yahoo: Got it i left the switch on sh-t nearly blinded myself was lookin at it when it came on strugglin to type this, couldnt have done it without you vin :notworthy: thanks again mate il be out tonight let you know how i get on. by the looks of things this is certainly the dogs bollocks :victory:
:yahoo: Got it i left the switch on sh-t nearly blinded myself was lookin at it when it came on strugglin to type this, couldnt have done it without you vin :notworthy: thanks again mate il be out tonight let you know how i get on. by the looks of things this is certainly the dogs bollocks :victory:

good luck mate.. let us all know how you get on when you get back later.

vin

good luck mate.. let us all know how you get on when you get back later.

vin

Right went out for an hour last night with the dogs. this torch has to be seen to believed. absolutely BRILLIANT seen everything i would have seen with a striker. got 2 bunnies with dogs not much else about.i would recommend this setup its a serious piece of kit,the beam is perfect as it wont light up the whole field and disturb anything else. great for poaching :angel: great for everything,as i said i was out for an hour,had 2 rechargeable 2300 mah d batteries in torch and there was no differance to power of the light when i had finished. This a must buy and a big thanks to VIN :signthankspin: who put me onto this :shout: GET ONE NOW

Hello all.

I have been looking into this for a long while now..i have gathered up a few experts on all the fields required.

I,m going to build a new lamp for mooching in small areas etc etc.. (rabbits)

also a blaster for the bigger fields and the long runs etc etc.

what i want from you people is a list of requirements for your own personal perfect hunting lamp.

1. what makes up your perfect lamp.?

2.what would you do to improve it ?

3.how long does your beam really have to be ?

4.How much spread do you like ? or not like ?

5.how much did your last set up cost all together ?

6.how long do you really need the battery to last ?

7.Does the weight make a big difference ?

please just keep adding to the list anything else ....

ALSO....if anyone has any old lamps (broken or not) to donate to this new venture please let me know... we are experimenting with alsorts of different lens and reflectors and any old bits and bobs you may have around the shed may come in quite handy at the moment.ive been looking for some of the old ASPHERIC glass lenses off the old vintage car spotlights to have a play with...( IM IN YORKSHIRE).could pay postage etc etc and little bit of cash,remember im skint

I will keep you all posted on my findings.

kindest regards

vin.

i have been around the block looking at lamps

i had a tracer mini (£75) ok for rabbits but no good for fox, so with the down and upsides of that.

was looking at the tracer max pro, £65 ish pounds with no charger or battery, (can use the minis charger and battery)

but decided on clulight SL2/PKG £120 ish with filter............ why

because it has a 1000 m beam (never) more like 500m (no filter)

it has a ball joint scope mount, which is great. adjust the beam perfectly for the scope (which you cant with the tracer)

comes with seperate handle so if there two of you it is hand held

good smooth adjuster for flood to spot.

nice battery pack and shoulder strap

small light lamp

lamp holder built onto the battery pack (ideal while you work)

very very well made.

down side,

no dimmer, can buy at £40 from clulight but then its on the battery case, so its a hand off to adjust.

decided to buy a max pro dimmer at £32.50 and wire it in to the switch of the SL2. afer a couple of tries got it working (ask if you need)

they say you can switch from hand held to scope mounts in seconds if you are out on your own......... have tried this, when you see those eyes and you go from hand held to scope mount, its pitch black, cold hands and you are trying to locate the scope mounting connection into the slot of the lamp head........... hah waste of time.

no battery full indicator, it says charge it for the same amount of time u have used it!!!

so total cost of my lamp is £155.00

should have got the max pro at £65.00

Edited by steyr223

led lenser is nearly £300 ... mag upgrade will outshine it..for throw easy..believe me.

those mag upgrades are ok but not as good as the cree one...BUT THE MAIN THING IS "THE ASPHERIC LENS"

i keep telling you all.

ANYONE WOULD THINK I WAS SELLING THEM...IM NOT.

trust me.

vin

Right went out for an hour last night with the dogs. this torch has to be seen to believed. absolutely BRILLIANT seen everything i would have seen with a striker. got 2 bunnies with dogs not much else about.i would recommend this setup its a serious piece of kit,the beam is perfect as it wont light up the whole field and disturb anything else. great for poaching :angel: great for everything,as i said i was out for an hour,had 2 rechargeable 2300 mah d batteries in torch and there was no differance to power of the light when i had finished. This a must buy and a big thanks to VIN :signthankspin: who put me onto this :shout: GET ONE NOW

CONGRATULATIONS MATEY... your the 1st person who has took my advice and now your a happy chappy..theres a few more coming soon who have also ordered same set up.

Im really please you like the mag kit... i love it and so do all my mates.

there really isnt anything to compare it with.

happy hunting...and keep us posted.. a few beam shots across the golf course would be nice.

atb

vin

Edited by vin

ive just got some red reflector plastic from a brake light ..im gonna make a little slot over cone and see how it works with the mag and tiablo... ive held it up against glass and it works so should work in the field.. bit of an old bogroll and some tape to try it out i think. i will let you know.

atb

vin