ULTIMATE LAMP

Guest vin

hello all

ive been testing the little LEDs against a lightforce striker and i must say...im very impressed.

The beam throw is very close in distance of throw..just a little bit better on the striker. ( im talkin edges of the beam here)

the beam spread and spill is much less with the LEDs ... the led is much better at not lighting up the whole field and surrounding areas..

for shooting with a gun..the led is unbeatable so far ive seen nothing to touch it..

working with the dogs..is different..if the dog is clued up on the lamp and knows how to run a beam and pick up sitters etc etc the leds are the ultimate..

But ! as i have found out ...at 1st the dog needs to know whats going on a bit more on the lamp..its difficult at 1st because the beam is so tight the dog may have difficulty spotting etc etc..so i have used the big lamp to start off with and then slowly switched between the 2 differant set-ups.(which is easy when 1 of them fits in yer pocket and weighs nowt)... a couple of mates have tried out the LEDs and seen the difference and they all say the same.."wish i had one of them when i was a poacher".

Anyway chaps after all my hard work trawling the internet and trying to get a discount on a few of these set-ups etc etc i have come to a standstill.As I have said before im not trying to make money out of anyone, just get a good deal all round..the only way i can get a really good discount is by buying in 500 units at a time..sod that im not getting into a load of debt for you lot...hehee.

so if anyone is interested in these little "Poachers pocket LED" here is how i did it..

1st set up..

Get a 2D maglite from B&Q etc etc £20..if you havnt already got one.

Then order yourself one of these kits...

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1777

you want the Mag CREE Q5 LED Drop-in & 52mm Aspherical Lens Kit SKU: S004465 (item code) $34...... = asda price.

its easy to fit all you need is a set of Hex keys to remove the mag on/off switch..(Allen keys)..

the lens is easy to fit...just screws in....its focusable and with a couple of rechargeable D cell batteries it will do you proud on a night out.

2nd set up

TIABLO A9 led torch..with an ASPHERICAL LENS KIT...

its smaller than the Mag and the beam is even smaller and tighter and maybe a little bit more powerfull..its focusable from tight spot to slighty larger spread..but not as much spread as maglite...this is the best for shooting out of the 2.

it fits in the pocket and runs off 2x CR 123A lithiums 3V (like camera batts) or 1 X 18560 rechargeable..you can buy for about £20 with charger...

This set up is perfect for the pocket.Its small and powerfull..

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1101

$79.99

and the lens

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=6823

$29.99

charger and batts..

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=7939

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=2645

with all the bits etc etc including lens kit/original torch/2X 18650 batteries and charger.(they need the correct charger).

the total cost in uk pounds is around £85.

i would start with mag kit 1st and see what you think...because if you already have a mag it would only cost you around £25 to get set up..

if you want anymore info just ask...if you get stuck let me know..

I,M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN SOMEONE ON HERE THANKS ME FOR SHOWING THEM THE LIGHT ! ! !

ATVB

VIN

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all

ive been testing the little LEDs against a lightforce striker and i must say...im very impressed.

The beam throw is very close in distance of throw..just a little bit better on the striker. ( im talkin edges of the beam here)

the beam spread and spill is much less with the LEDs ... the led is much better at not lighting up the whole field and surrounding areas..

for shooting with a gun..the led is unbeatable so far ive seen nothing to touch it..

working with the dogs..is different..if the dog is clued up on the lamp and knows how to run a beam and pick up sitters etc etc the leds are the ultimate..

But ! as i have found out ...at 1st the dog needs to know whats going on a bit more on the lamp..its difficult at 1st because the beam is so tight the dog may have difficulty spotting etc etc..so i have used the big lamp to start off with and then slowly switched between the 2 differant set-ups.(which is easy when 1 of them fits in yer pocket and weighs nowt)... a couple of mates have tried out the LEDs and seen the difference and they all say the same.."wish i had one of them when i was a poacher".

Anyway chaps after all my hard work trawling the internet and trying to get a discount on a few of these set-ups etc etc i have come to a standstill.As I have said before im not trying to make money out of anyone, just get a good deal all round..the only way i can get a really good discount is by buying in 500 units at a time..sod that im not getting into a load of debt for you lot...hehee.

so if anyone is interested in these little "Poachers pocket LED" here is how i did it..

1st set up..

Get a 2D maglite from B&Q etc etc £20..if you havnt already got one.

Then order yourself one of these kits...

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1777

you want the Mag CREE Q5 LED Drop-in & 52mm Aspherical Lens Kit SKU: S004465 (item code) $34...... = asda price.

its easy to fit all you need is a set of Hex keys to remove the mag on/off switch..(Allen keys)..

the lens is easy to fit...just screws in....its focusable and with a couple of rechargeable D cell batteries it will do you proud on a night out.

2nd set up

TIABLO A9 led torch..with an ASPHERICAL LENS KIT...

its smaller than the Mag and the beam is even smaller and tighter and maybe a little bit more powerfull..its focusable from tight spot to slighty larger spread..but not as much spread as maglite...this is the best for shooting out of the 2.

it fits in the pocket and runs off 2x CR 123A lithiums 3V (like camera batts) or 1 X 18560 rechargeable..you can buy for about £20 with charger...

This set up is perfect for the pocket.Its small and powerfull..

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1101

$79.99

and the lens

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=6823

$29.99

charger and batts..

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=7939

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=2645

with all the bits etc etc including lens kit/original torch/2X 18650 batteries and charger.(they need the correct charger).

the total cost in uk pounds is around £85.

i would start with mag kit 1st and see what you think...because if you already have a mag it would only cost you around £25 to get set up..

if you want anymore info just ask...if you get stuck let me know..

I,M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN SOMEONE ON HERE THANKS ME FOR SHOWING THEM THE LIGHT ! ! !

ATVB

VIN

THANKS mate, for the info. Youve done the graft. Go a stage further,and start making and selling them. I'll have one. Cheers, D.

I would like to see better wiring, or at least more accessible. The bulb access is also important. The shell of the lamp seems so vulnerable being a rigid plastic. The coiled cable could be better as if it gets caught and twisted it tends to pull out the connectors.

Would be very interested to see what you come up with!

Guest WILF
the lightforse striker 170 has an excelent beam , this is what you should be aiming for.

but this lamp could be vastly improved on , if the wireing/workmanship inside was better.

and if it had an extra small bulb like the lazer lite, for opening gates ect. that would be very handy.

Very true TOMO, the only thing I dont like about Lightforce is the plastic they are made from........it sounds like a drum banging around.

I use the clue light as it very tough, but the beam is not as good as the lightforce.........a bit on the wide side.

Oh and the wiring is total crap on all of them!

Edited by WILF
the lightforse striker 170 has an excelent beam , this is what you should be aiming for.

but this lamp could be vastly improved on , if the wireing/workmanship inside was better.

and if it had an extra small bulb like the lazer lite, for opening gates ect. that would be very handy.

Very true TOMO, the only thing I dont like about Lightforce is the plastic they are made from........it sounds like a drum banging around.

I use the clue light as it very tough, but the beam is not as good as the lightforce.........a bit on the wide side.

FROM WHAT IVE HEARD YOUR SCARED TO GO OUT IN THE DARK WILFIE BOY :gunsmilie:

yes mate your right, im forever banging the 170 on metal press studs and zip on my coat. an outer shell made of rubber , would be loads better :thumbs:

Excellent posts vin...how many lumens would you say the maglite conversions are.????

i have seen a tiablo a9...very good, and a excellent thrower... but too tight a beam for the lurcher lads...

Guest reload

yes mate your right, im forever banging the 170 on metal press studs and zip on my coat. an outer shell made of rubber , would be loads better :thumbs:

Tooo true TOMO and WILF, I have a nitestalker(basically the same as a lightforce 170) its biggest failing is noise when it hits or knocks against something, it a b*****d to hang round you neck as it hits zips, press studs etc and the fecker has no work light.

I am going for a lightforce with a dimmer next time, at least you can use it as a work light with the dimmer.

Edited by reload
Guest vin
Excellent posts vin...how many lumens would you say the maglite conversions are.????

i have seen a tiablo a9...very good, and a excellent thrower... but too tight a beam for the lurcher lads...

hello there

i have no idea what the lumins are...they are very high..and i have no way of measuring them..if you have seen the Tiablo ...you should have an idea how good they are...But have you seen it with the ASPHERIC lens kit ? there is a huge difference.

the companies exagerate the lumins outputs usually..so i believe in what i see and nothing else.

the beam is tight but that can be focused into more spread if required.

the mag does have more spill and spread and a slightly larger spot at the end of beam..

P.S

if anyone wants to check them out personally,drop me a PM..im in south yorkshire,but i do travel around quite a bit at weekends etc etc..i could always meet up at motorway services etc etc and you can bring your strikers,cluelites,blitzs,nitestalkers etc etc and do your own comparisons.

all the best everyone..

i would hope that all my hard work would maybe get me one or 2 invites for a night out this season...lol.

PPS..found the Tiablo kit on ebay also... up 2 you where you get it from..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tiablo-A8-A9-Collima...p3286.m63.l1177

ATVB

vin

Edited by vin
Guest vin

post-11815-1241179583.jpg

post-11815-1241179593.jpg

read the ebay add..it shows all the specs etc etc..but remember ! you still need batteries and charger.

vin

p.s

there is links in previous posts to the site i purchased mine from.

Guest vin
There is a cheaper A8 version with the same lumens rating and the same lens add on, is there a difference in the beam

Cheers, Tom.

i am not sure on that one Tom..the big difference is the ASPHERIC LENS.. thats what makes it happen.if it fits which im sure it does go 4 it..and let me know what you think.

atvb

vin

Guest vin
How long do these rechargeable batteries last?

it says 3 hours on the spec sheet on high and more on low.. i have never had to switch while out so far..but the 18650 and charger kit comes with 2 batts .

the beltpack has a space for spare batt..so your more than sorted for a very very long night out.

atb

vin