ULTIMATE LAMP

Guest vin

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miller1989

I had to old lamps wouldnt charge anymore so i stripped them down and took all the good stuff nd binned the rest put a 5 million candle into a lighter lamp structure rewired it straight through to a batterey and bingo the spot beam is the best ive seen you have no excess light around the spot beam and the beam will go around 900-1000meters on a beam thats only 10meters wide! Workes wonders cost of everything around £65

I had to old lamps wouldnt charge anymore so i stripped them down and took all the good stuff nd binned the rest put a 5 million candle into a lighter lamp structure rewired it straight through to a batterey and bingo the spot beam is the best ive seen you have no excess light around the spot beam and the beam will go around 900-1000meters on a beam thats only 10meters wide! Workes wonders cost of everything around £65

show us how you do it...post some pics of the old lamp and the new set up.

I have been looking at HID kits to put into an old lamp...but the kits are so expensive...and they usually come in 2s ..i only want 1..motorbike kits are also expensive..

So im waiting to see if any of my mates wants to go halves on a full kit..but its nearly time to stop fora while now...so no-ones bothered about sorting there gear til next winter.

all the best

vin

I uses lamps for both dogs and air rifles, and ocasionaly shotguns, mostly out of vehicles but sometimes on foot, heres what my perfect lamp would be.......

It neads to have a dimmer, be able tohave filters fitted to it, can be run off either a car cigaret lighter or battery, be gun mountable and hand held. I only realy need about a 300 yard beam, i probly wouldnt use it to its full range, but apreciate the extra brightness it gives closer in. The wight of the battery pack doesnt realy matter, as i would put it in a bag or on a belt. It should also have a bunjee type cable. I like quite a tight beam for lamping with my dog, as he is still learnin so it only lights up the rabit, wich makes it easier for him to see it, if you know what i mean (im not sure if i do!) well thats about it realy hope thats of some help mate. Good luck with the Uber Lamp!

ive never read such a load of old shite in all me feckin life, what ever lamp ye use, tha game see it, they aint fekn daft, get a lamp that suits ye,n your dog, so long as your feedin your hounds, n ,family, n your dogs working well, does it matter?.

lite force 170 is the perfect lamp after a wiring and switch modification.......as im getting older i find walking about with a heavy battery harder work...maybe a solar powered 170 with no batteries :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

ive never read such a load of old shite in all me feckin life, what ever lamp ye use, tha game see it, they aint fekn daft, get a lamp that suits ye,n your dog, so long as your feedin your hounds, n ,family, n your dogs working well, does it matter?.

If your going to say something constructive or even remotely interesting...great... if not ... go play somewhere else !

vin

vin ive made 2 hid lightforces with the proper fittings and bulbs,trouble is they take a few seconds to warm up and hard to find somewhere to fit the ballast,if your interested il tae some pics and sell you them both if you want plus a spare hid bulb and balast

check out my topics you will find one on lightforce hid lamps

Guest miller1989

i will try to get some pictures of the lamps i took to bits a rewired to a smaller structure and instead of 1million candle power and a wide spread beam its 5 million candle power and a tighter longer beam!

vin ive made 2 hid lightforces with the proper fittings and bulbs,trouble is they take a few seconds to warm up and hard to find somewhere to fit the ballast,if your interested il tae some pics and sell you them both if you want plus a spare hid bulb and balast

check out my topics you will find one on lightforce hid lamps

send me a PM please ... i am interested in what you,ve got.

vin

i will try to get some pictures of the lamps i took to bits a rewired to a smaller structure and instead of 1million candle power and a wide spread beam its 5 million candle power and a tighter longer beam!

hello

yes ..anything you think might be educational to the rest of us in this subject..theres loads of high brightness halogen type bulbs to try..theres some new one out that are supposed to mimic HID supposedly really bright lights...not tried any of them yet.

thanks for your time

vin.

something that can be tucked away easier for when your poaching.

I took a modded LED out last night...aspheric lens on it... its perfect for poaching/mooching.... great for small fields and pastures...perfect for bunnies at 25-40 yards.. and best of all it fits in any pocket, its about 4 inch long and weighs about 4oz...it blew my mate away...he could,nt believe it...very tight spot..no spread.

Im now waiting on a better set-up of LED to try a few lenses...but so far it looks very promising...especially for bunnies.

vin