ULTIMATE LAMP

Guest vin

i got a MAC tools lamp 1.5mill candle power, its got quite a strong beam but spreads abit too much so if i was to make my ideal lamp it would have a tight beam with a long range with a easy toggle switch, i dont like the pistol grip lamps so id have a normal handle. a couple of people have said about the secondary bulb for gates and stuff, thats a good idea id chuck in one of those aswell haha i think for the battery id do a litium ion for it because they are lighter, smaller and tend to have a longer life.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the plunge and bought the Tiablo A9.

It has been frozen for a week and I never got a chance to try it out.

The ground isn't quite clear of icy slush and is frozen in a lot of places. But it is mostly defrosted and clear down by the sea so I had a chance to give one of my wee whippets a run on the golf course tonight.

I found it difficult to get used to. I found my LF 170 perfect for the long slips necessary for golf course lamping.

The A9 would be best suited to squatters and smaller fields.

The rear tactical switch was a bit of a pain and the double click to get it through the low setting was slightly annoying.

Its beam was narrow and sharp at about 75 yards, but petered out to gloom at anything over that. The rabbits eyes shone back diamond white instead of my accustomed ruby signals.

I so wanted to post a couple of catches but found I was having to get a lot closer than usual. Not really practical on the golf course, which we are normally very successful on.

I think it has a place, but not if you are like me, and enjoy the long, sitting out in the middle of the field type slips.

Dave

just received my Tiablo a9 with collimator head. been out over the local fields to try it out and i'm very impressed. not yet used it for running a dog with because of the weather but i think it's gonna be ideal for those short walks were you can't be arsed taking your big lamp out. gonna try it on my air rifle in the next few days to. cheers for the thread and input vin....

I took both out for an hour a couple of nights ago.

I still don't really like it but my wee whippet x took 1 on the tiablo and 2 on the LF.

I find the white light far to harsh and the spot is very tight, which would be more advantageous if it spilled a little. I found that I kept loosing the rabbit in the tight beam and the dog has to be really sharp to stop the rabbit disappearing outside the 50 yard range.

Perfect for squatters and small fields I think.

01Jan10002.jpg

I bet your pleased with the fence shot............Hes a nice size for a x int he

Yeah mate just about perfect for what I want, he's 21 1/2", light as a feather and super quick. He used to jump 5 feet, but land back on the same spot LOL. He was a nightmare to try and teach to jump forward.

• 8 months later...

Well its been a while but I just checked on a few replies and come to the conclusion that the tiablo is a great bit of kit for shooting with air rifles etc etc...its the dogs nads.

the Mag is slightly better for lamping with dogs as the spots a little bit larger due to larger lens..but both do work quite well in small fields and pastures running bunnies in areas of around 50-75 yards.

AS i always said...its the ideal mooching kit.

Its not for the big boys who want to go out in the trucks on the big fields.

all the best

Vin

I would buy one if it had a dimmer switch so i can decide for myself how far i want to see from 500,000 up to 2000000. Mag light torches have an adaption where you can set the spread too by twisting the head so it goes from flood to spot and back again easily. I dont think twisting the head would be very convenient but if you could do the same thing with a slide switch on the back of the lamp it would be bloody usefull!

Personally im happy with the battery iv got so i would just want the lamp so make sure a lamp only set up is an option and i would defo have one!

mine would be a lamp with no less than 1.5 million cp witha dimmer swith that can be operated by the same hand holding the lamp a nice tight beam with a flood option would be nice the battery would have to give a minimum of 4 hours lamping time and be light a ruck sack design to complement this would be good the belt packs and shoulder packs can be akward sometimes sliping under wire fences also a loop or strap on the lamp itself so you can hang it on your neck to give you hands free if you want to use your hand for something ie fag break or taking something of someone i think if you could build the perfect lamp people would be prepared to pay for it i know i would

regards hedz

I wish you could still get a lamp that was around in

the very early 1980s, does any body remember the Nite tracker i think it was

1.5 million candle power with trigger pull on off silent no clicking of switches

it had an amazing tight beam at distance, also the Q beam range were ok..

I wish you could still get a lamp that was around in

the very early 1980s, does any body remember the Nite tracker i think it was

1.5 million candle power with trigger pull on off silent no clicking of switches

it had an amazing tight beam at distance, also the Q beam range were ok..

i used to dream of owning a nitetracker when i was a young lad.