YOUR FURTHEST SHOT ON TARGETS

RAMCAM

what is a gat gun? i am asuming its prety low powered

LOL, Yes Arron, it's low powered, They used to be popular when i was a kid, highly innacurate and very low powered, but as anyone at the time would tell you, You need to use Pointed pellets :clapper:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest mickyrichardson
what is a gat gun? i am asuming its prety low powered

LOL, Yes Arron, it's low powered, They used to be popular when i was a kid, highly innacurate and very low powered, but as anyone at the time would tell you, You need to use Pointed pellets :clapper:

yes pointed pellets were the dogs for the gat but the red darts were something else not to forget the corks :tongue2:
did they hurt and are they like BB guns?

Yes they hurt, my brother still has the scar, but he was only about 5yds away :laugh: Mind you, any further and i would probably have missed him :laugh: :laugh:

They are a proper pellet gun but very cheap and poor quality, google gat gun and have a look.

well longest shot i ever took was after i had my s10 bull carbine for 5 months was use to the ranges i was hunting every day at the time i rested my rifle on a fence post aimed fired down the wabbit fell i paced it 55 yards ... ive never took any distances like that since i had few problems with it a month later . so im now getting used to it again now had it 8 months lol

ive now had it blueprinted and bullbarrel mod done so really silent .. just starting to shoot more again

If we are all being honest with ourselfs quarry shot with sub 12 ftlb airguns should be shot at 35 yards or under and at 50 yards with FAC air. However good conditions can let you push these distances out to say 10 yards further but you have to know your range. I also think that some people haven't got a clue what 70 yards looks like and may have over ranged the shot.

Yes live quarry can be dispatched at 60 yards with sub 12 ftlb but it's very irresponsible and I would say that you'd be able to hit 1 in every ten shots at that range.

Unfortunately people will take pot shots and they can't be considered true hunters because when done properly, hunters should give full respect to their quarry. Anyone who doesn't give this repsect to their quarry is either thick or a very inexperienced hunter, either way I hope you get your permission to shoot taken away from you because you don't deserve it.

Pot shots at live quarry are WRONG!

good words whitester! and the best 1st ever post ive seen. welcome to THL. many peole would be suprised to see hw far away 40 yards actually is.

That's very true. In the same way a lot of men don't really know what 6 inch's looks like...........

i took the mother inlaw out at a range of 30 yards with a water balloon a cracking shot!

but for real 30 yards is pretty much my limit plus i mostly roost shoot and occasionally pop bunnys up a local car lot i sit in the middle and pretty much pop em of at 30 yards in all directions as it backs on to a solid fence!!