YOUR FURTHEST SHOT ON TARGETS

RAMCAM

Ridiculous length shots at any quarry are the sort of thing I used to do when I was a kid. Now I prefer to see how close I can get to them before they bolt, I'm not starving for food or desperate to kill something for bragging rights. 12 yards from a rabbit in the open and 3-4 yds to a Woodie in a tree being my best so far, I got to within 7yds of a rabbit once but as I lowered my head to the scope for the shot it scarpered!

Try practicing your fieldcraft kids :good:

:clapper: i aint no kid. and i'm not advocating long shot's. just saying the can be done ;) and as for fieldcraft :D i'v had quarry that close i could touch it. ;)

did that rabbit have mixy :tongue2:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a jackdaw at 70 yards throught 2 wire fences and 2 foot long grass with a tuned cometa 200 dont know the foot pounds

this site is full of idiots through 2 foot long grass :blink: all it takes is one blade of grass to change a pellets course oh f**k it i cant be arsed replying any more its full of cranks :angry: :angry: :angry:

your a twat dont bother arguing back because i carnt be arsed with a twat like you trying to start a arguament abought every thing :feck:

i hope your not having a go at me i dident do anything :D

a jackdaw at 70 yards throught 2 wire fences and 2 foot long grass with a tuned cometa 200 dont know the foot pounds

this site is full of idiots through 2 foot long grass :blink: all it takes is one blade of grass to change a pellets course oh f**k it i cant be arsed replying any more its full of cranks :angry: :angry: :angry:

your a twat dont bother arguing back because i carnt be arsed with a twat like you trying to start a arguament abought every thing :feck:

not you ;)

Personally I think getting within 20-25 yds of a Rabbit (without sneaking through a hedge or round a corner) is really good going, Hares from the few I seen, seem to be either too easy to get within range (just walk up to them) or almost bloody impossible!!! (bolting when you get within 100yds of them)

Just a quick question for the guy's who are shooting quarry at 60-70-80yds, I presume your not using rangefinders (as their quite expensive) to get the range of the shot quarry, so do you carry 100yd tape on you whilst out or are you just counting your paces???

not you ;)

oohh tidy but ;):clapper::)

Personally I think getting within 20-25 yds of a Rabbit (without sneaking through a hedge or round a corner) is really good going, Hares from the few I seen, seem to be either too easy to get within range (just walk up to them) or almost bloody impossible!!! (bolting when you get within 100yds of them)

Just a quick question for the guy's who are shooting quarry at 60-70-80yds, I presume your not using rangefinders (as their quite expensive) to get the range of the shot quarry, so do you carry 100yd tape on you whilst out or are you just counting your paces???

just estimating but i know it was about 70 because it was shot across a fence line and there is a gap in the fence about every yard so i counted the gaps

estimated/ paces ect . but i'm good at calculating distance. my mate a game keeper has a range finder. he has ranged targets and asked me to guesstimate :o and i'm usualy not far out . i have done a lot of shootin ,so dont make rash bullshit statements. what i have said is truth . but i do agree with ye .i do like stalking and ambushing . and dont go out looking to take long shots. i often pass em up. and only take em when conditions are right and i'm feeling confident. ;)

estimated/ paces ect . but i'm good at calculating distance. my mate a game keeper has a range finder. he has ranged targets and asked me to guesstimate :o and i'm usualy not far out . i have done a lot of shootin ,so dont make rash bullshit statements. what i have said is truth . but i do agree with ye .i do like stalking and ambushing . and dont go out looking to take long shots. i often pass em up. and only take em when conditions are right and i'm feeling confident. ;)

you mean catching more of them mixy rabbits my ambushing dont you

[quote name='bullmastiff' date='Feb 28 2009, 01:12 AM' post='935269'

If you practise long enough on targets at different ranges, there's no need for a range finder if you know your gun, you'r scope- and how to use the mildots-, the field your hunting on........

I took lots of bunny's at 60 yards with my formal 97k .177 (14ftlbs), even at 100 yards with the Techstar .22 (between 30 and 38 ftlbs). Spot on and instant death.

Oh yes, and sometimes I missed one, just like everyone ;)

Guest rexdigger
His Signature Says It All!

what *im a first class c**t but im good at it* hes up his own ar*e

i think your all a bunch of kids might aswell be a thread saying look how big my cock is your all taking long shots showing no respect for your chosen quarry shooting stuff off chimney pots silly shots through fences and suchlike

your all dickheads imo

I can't help but think that some of you are so stupid you cannot even see how stupid you are. :doh:

It is threads like this that get the media and politicians reaching for the statute books, when air rifles are banned, or only available on licence look to yourselves!!