YOUR FURTHEST SHOT ON TARGETS

RAMCAM

It was about 875 yards away. Chester Zoo 1996 I sneaked my Gat gun in and dropped a bull elephant that was 875 yards away with a headshot. You have to use the pointed pellets on dangerous game at such extreme Gat gun ranges you see.

Why bother? :angry:

Maybe you should create your own topic called airgun jokes. :thumbdown:

Edited by RAMCAM

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the furthest successful shot you have ever taken on targets?.

:clapper: Many moons ago, I knew a lad called 'Dai Ping' he reckoned he shot an airplane with his air rifle,,, how you know you hit we asked, his reply was " I heard it"

hence the name.. :blink:

Pot shots at live quarry are WRONG!

Its nice to try to be the most correct airgun hunter mate, but there are people who know how to shoot (potshots).

If you read and understood my post you would have noticed that i didn't say that it was impossible to hit targets at long range I just said that on live quarry there are limits. The footage that you put up is of guys shooting targets bench rested and indoors. This is a long way from a typical hunitng scenario and as such, is a weak argument for long range quarry dispatch.

Even though the guns we use these days are accurate they have their limits, limits which you are not aware of or are unwilling to acept. Even you could hit a target at 100 yards when bench rested and indoors with an HW100 or similar quality precharged but I would bet my theoben that you couldn't do despatch a rabbit at this range

humainly.

If you read and understood my post you would have noticed that i didn't say that it was impossible to hit targets at long range I just said that on live quarry there are limits. The footage that you put up is of guys shooting targets bench rested and indoors. This is a long way from a typical hunitng scenario and as such, is a weak argument for long range quarry dispatch.

Even though the guns we use these days are accurate they have their limits, limits which you are not aware of or are unwilling to acept. Even you could hit a target at 100 yards when bench rested and indoors with an HW100 or similar quality precharged but I would bet my theoben that you couldn't do despatch a rabbit at this range

humainly.

Yes i have to agree i would only shoot rabbits around 40 yards max, at 60-70 yards there is enough power to dispatch at that range but you have less chance of a head shot you're likely to injure the rabbit leaving it to suffer, i am more intersted in long distance target shooting. :)

Edited by RAMCAM

i shot a pigeon at about 35-40 yards, i play golf and have to gestimate the yards to the hole so i aint bad at doing it. i dont no why people lie and say stupid ranges just to make them selfs look good, all they are doing is cheating there selfs. fair enought dont judge them because we did not see the shot, but some of the ranges are just dam right stupid. respectful shooters sneek up on there quarry as part of the sport and not pot shot and then do a clean kill. how would u like it if you had to have a needle and the bloke giving it you, used it at a dart and aimed at you. and people shooting foxes thats just stupid as well i dont no why people would want to do it with a air rifle about 1 in 20 shots chance of a clean kill probley even more, fair enought with a centre fire and shot gun.

im only 14 and i respect my quarry, look at your self!!

Mmmm........some interesting responses. I do worry though that some people doubt what has been claimed. The post was originally about "targets" this infers that it is not game. So hitting a target at long range is not irresponsible, reckless or in actual fact lucky. Shooting game however at long range with a low powered air rifle could without doubt be classified as less than clever, unless it was a rat in which case they deserve to suffer (I hate them with a passion most of you could only dream of!). So before everyone gets caught up in a slagging match about whats possible and who's lying, let's just remember that this is an age old thread that comes up in every pub all over the world every day, sometimes its about how big was the fish you caught that day to how fast you can take a corner in an XR2..........So lets not slate the claims, take them as you feel..........Besides look how many responses there have been to this thread! We are in a "cyber pub"

For the record mine was a rat at 20yds with a BSA supersport with open sight. I could only see his nose poking out of a hole the size of a tea cup.

VERY satisfying!

Swampy

Nicely sad mate i totaly agree mate. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

I'm really hoping that that was a "typo"

Swampy

It was about 875 yards away. Chester Zoo 1996 I sneaked my Gat gun in and dropped a bull elephant that was 875 yards away with a headshot. You have to use the pointed pellets on dangerous game at such extreme Gat gun ranges you see.

Why bother? :angry:

Maybe you should create your own topic called airgun jokes. :thumbdown:

:tongue2: Maybe I overestimated the range and it was 870 yards really.

Honest answer 35 yards with a .177 s400 doing 11.5 ft/lb. If anything is further away than that I either try to get closer, remain hidden and wait to see if my quarry will come closer or in the case of corvids bait them in to 30 yards or so.

Honest answer 35 yards with a .177 s400 doing 11.5 ft/lb. If anything is further away than that I either try to get closer, remain hidden and wait to see if my quarry will come closer or in the case of corvids bait them in to 30 yards or so.

What is a corvid mate?.

What is a corvid mate?.

Birds of the family Corvidae, crows, rooks etc.

This thread is a waste of space and should be treated a SPAM nothing will be learn't or gained from getting schools kids with springer rifles to buff up their egos and tell lies about range :clapper:

Mature members will see through this shite all day long!

This is as far as I got.

Totally agree

This thread is a waste of space and should be treated a SPAM nothing will be learn't or gained from getting schools kids with springer rifles to buff up their egos and tell lies about range :clapper:

Mature members will see through this shite all day long!

This is as far as I got.

Totally agree

i would only shoot rabbits around 40 yards max, at 60-70 yards there is enough power to dispatch at that range but you have less chance of a head shot you're likely to injure the rabbit leaving it to suffer, i am more intersted in long distance target shooting with various calibres and foot pounds.

What is your problem? :angry:

Edited by RAMCAM

best shot ive ever seen was about 3 years ago by taffybull on here!

at my local permish(golf course) about 50-55yds away a bunny hiding

behind a dip in the ground taffy waited an easy 20mins when he popped

his head up whack straight through the eye!! this was with an air arms s200 .177

by far the most patient and best shot i've ever seen and as we've given up

the hunting with guns probably the best ill ever see!