we have had a fox attack on our ducks and the little bugger only bit the head off two of my 6 ducks a nd killed all but one. this happenede on sunday and on wensdday we noticed that the duck we had left is limping very badly and is only using one of its legs. now it dosent get up often. we have put 1/4 an antibiotix in its food but what else can i do?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest foxyjo.

Oh dear. :( I lost alot one night a few years back, it's gutting. Hope the last duck is getting better. I think you've done as much for him as you can, now you'll just have to wait and see if he's ok. But be warned, now the fox knows where to go for fast take away - he'l be back.

my bulldog bitch tried to help me catch some ducklings (half grown duckies actually, but still had fuzz on them) my dog is a gimp so i didnt think she would leave the shade tree to help out like she used to. what an idiot i was! the moment i had my hands on the ducky, the bulldog had her mouth on its rear end (i usually muzzle her when i use her for wrangling birds, she'll hold them with her feet but she cant bite)

Anyway long story short, i pried her mouth off the duck and thought it was going to die for sure. most PEOPLE dont survive bulldog bites, what chance did a juvenile duck have?

I didnt want to wring his neck because then i wouldnt have any ducks left at all and i was determined to have some damned ducks. i cleaned the wound, and assessed the damage. he couldnt walk at all. So i put him in a box, kept the box in the office, food water etc, for two days, still wondering what the hell to do.. if i should just give up.

Well then someone told me to put it in a wading pool and let it be a duck. Water Aerobics basically.... i had my misgivings because ducks are nasty and shit in the water, right? infections were my main concern...

Well i tried it anyway. i liked the stupid little animal!

Low and behold he survived, and still thrives. in fact he's fathered about three dozen ducklings(almost the last dozen hasnt hatched yet!)

Still.... i say there is a chance yours can live. it was just a fox after all, not an 80lb bulldog with a death grip.

I had one other duck get mauled by a bulldog puppy last year. what possessed the duck to put her head through the fence the puppy was in i have no idea, but they almost plucked her breast clean before she got away. she had a hugh hole in her chest. Again i applied to same logic with the first one..... clean it, doctor it, let her stay in the water. She's still alive and thrives.

Edited by BlueCoyote

keep the wound clean if it is a wound otherwise it is probably proken and the best and kindest thing you can do is put it out its mysery

we had 16 ducks, we now have 4......that 12 died in one EARLY evening while still light.....c*nt

Build a 9ft fench all around them!

that was your idea right ?

everyone said, it will only be a matter of time before you have foxes after your ducks!

get some snares out or something!

i dont want to know how to kill the fox i want to know how to treat the duck

Marinade it in orange sauce then roast in the middle of a preheated oven at 220 degrees, gas mark 5.

i bet you feel stupid now after telling people that you wont ever have a fox attack you because of a 9ft fence.

best thing to do it feed it alot more food then useal untill it is very big. then simply pick it up and...

twist its neck . then eat it (after its gutted and skinned and cooked so people dont think your weird) :)

its probally in pain right now so go kill it.

tell us what you end up doing

kill the duck and set snares out for the fox or else he will kill the rest of your ducks now he nos there there

What happened to youl brilliant 9 ft fence that ment no one had to kill foxes :guitar: