Yesterdays fallow cull .

It is a shame that this has to be done,and,knowing 'FD' very well he is of the same opinion,but,it is a necessity,and,it was done extremely professionally,so,well done to all concerned.But,I do think that they should let us on there a day a week 'FD' don't you,I think we might help towards this not having to happen quite so often...........lol

regards.........Martin.

Full time job for someone there mate.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a LOT of fallow round there FD!

What are the bucks like are they good condition?

Or are the antlers not as good due to the number of deer and obviously not as much food as there could be per deer?

Cheers

BFTB

The bucks are small compared to other areas mate ,small in stature and head gear.Due to overpoulation i guess.

Well done & as for does having fully growen calfs inside them at this time of year is s**t this shows there knowledge of deer & managment. The real front & face of deer management at a high level is not for the soft stalker thinking he/she shooting a couple deer in summer thinking there doing deer management. My only thing is i see some of those deer very gassed up which is not good but by the sounds of it englands fallow need a good going over & culling in areas.

i thought i posted on this already but seems not... :blink:

thats good going there mate and needs to be done, As every stalker knows the thining out of the does is the only viable way of reducing the population,

Thats a good few in one sitting, but it goes to show the numbers in the area.

poaching has made the reds skitish in my local patch and i got none from it this year, as they scattered to the wind when being hounded so much.

nice read.

snap.

It is a shame that this has to be done,and,knowing 'FD' very well he is of the same opinion,but,it is a necessity,and,it was done extremely professionally,so,well done to all concerned.But,I do think that they should let us on there a day a week 'FD' don't you,I think we might help towards this not having to happen quite so often...........lol

regards.........Martin.

Full time job for someone there mate.

You could always drop my name into the pot mate...........martin. ;)

Well done & as for does having fully growen calfs inside them at this time of year is s**t this shows there knowledge of deer & managment

:clapper::clapper:

the calves in side those deer would be full formed though,i suppose this is what is being said as they would be four months gone or there abouts,you can see why it would come as a shock to folk not used to that degree of culling.ive the greatest admaration for those animals and any that i hunt and like me so do others its just a point of veiw folks have and there to be discussed. :yes: its good to see such pictures it helps bring holme the reality of what estate managment is all about.the estates them selves are realy suffering now.when they die out wich they will the way things are going the antis will have their own cull on their hands then wele see them cry.good post mate all the best good hunting.

Fair play to you mate, no doubt that takes a fair bit of organisation not to mention a good team of reliable shooters, a solid days work to be sure :yes: Its a lot to take out in a day but if thats what the ground required that was the most efficient and practical way of doing it. :victory:

The deer arnt driven at all .The seats are positioned in what the deer regard as safe woods .When they are disturbed anywhere else on the estate ,this is where they make for .The older does were noticeably wary about entering cover after the first few shots rang out but once they realised it wasnt safe outside the wood either ,they came in and made for the deep cover of the rhody bushes ,where incidently they werent pursued or beat out .The cull is as natural to stalking as you can get ,with 20 odd rifles in a wood and around the edge .