stalking syndicate and fac

hi all i have just got 180 acres of deer stalking permission and my grandad said if i can find out all the costs he will pay for my fac and if i get it ill be able to get a rifle im really looking for 243 what is this like as a deer

calibre ? also what would be the caost of taking up stalking and what equipment would i need ? i would also like to let people on my permission to shoot deer for themselves and i will be feeding and putting salt licks out. there will probabley be a price to it but it will only be in the region of £20 a deer just to cover feeding and high seats and stuff like that. i have alot of experiance with guns and deer and my grandad will be on hand to help with pest control. the l;andowner is happy for us to do this aslong as he can have a couple of joints of venison . any carcases will be sold to a local gamedealer. so what do you stalkers\shooters think ? we may put a few poults down for a rough shoot at the end of the year but thats in its prime. would you pay £20 to borrow the rifle shoot the deer and take some venison home with you ?? let me know what you think

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are very unlikely to be granted your first fac deer rifle on 180 acres

this is open ticket ground is it clear for deer calibres if its not your going to struggle

you cant say that with out actualy seeing the ground, it may well be suitable but only to shoot in certain directions...

this is open ticket ground is it clear for deer calibres if its not your going to struggle

you cant say that with out actualy seeing the ground, it may well be suitable but only to shoot in certain directions...

what do you mean icant say that ive said it the lad is 14 years old with no fac ill say it again the chances of a first grant are slim ;)

what do you mean icant say that ive said it the lad is 14 years old with no fac ill say it again the chances of a first grant are slim ;)

i got my shotgun certificate no probs mate im not going to shoot over there this year as they want to have one last pheasant shoot so ive got pleanty of time

the only reaoson why i said that is because it sounded like you were saying he wont get an fac the basis of the ground being 180 acres...

hi all i have just got 180 acres of deer stalking permission and my grandad said if i can find out all the costs he will pay for my fac and if i get it ill be able to get a rifle im really looking for 243 what is this like as a deer

calibre ? also what would be the caost of taking up stalking and what equipment would i need ? i would also like to let people on my permission to shoot deer for themselves and i will be feeding and putting salt licks out. there will probabley be a price to it but it will only be in the region of £20 a deer just to cover feeding and high seats and stuff like that. i have alot of experiance with guns and deer and my grandad will be on hand to help with pest control. the l;andowner is happy for us to do this aslong as he can have a couple of joints of venison . any carcases will be sold to a local gamedealer. so what do you stalkers\shooters think ? we may put a few poults down for a rough shoot at the end of the year but thats in its prime. would you pay £20 to borrow the rifle shoot the deer and take some venison home with you ?? let me know what you think

cost wise may be expensive initially but once you have the main gear you are prity much sorted for as long as you stalk deer. Firstly you would need a rifle... this can cost any amount it all depends on what your looking for and your personal preference. For arguments sake lets say you went for a Tikka T3 synthetic stock in .243/6.5x55, new it would cost aproxamatly £600-£700, then you will need a GOOD quality scope and mounts, a hungarian schmidt and bender 8x56 fixed power would cost around £475 +£100 for good mounts or so.. moderators can cost around £200 (this is if you have put down on the fac that you will be using a moderator) a good quality knife if also needed to gralloch the deer. again this is down to personal preference, i use a Buck folding lock knife i think it cost around £25 or £30. A Roe sack to carry the deer would also be a good idea but not essential all in all it could add up to round the £1500 mark BUT this kit would last for a very long time if looked after and not all of it is needed all at once, you can build up with bits and bobs as you go along. hope this helped. Good luck with your FAC and stalking

One thing to add mate is that you are under-estimating the demand for stalking .If you want to take rifles out then think a bit grander than 20 a day .The venison usually remains the property of the shooting tenant and is usually for sale at the going rate to a visiting rifle .Good luck with everything mate .

One thing to add mate is that you are under-estimating the demand for stalking .If you want to take rifles out then think a bit grander than 20 a day .The venison usually remains the property of the shooting tenant and is usually for sale at the going rate to a visiting rifle .Good luck with everything mate .

thanks mate i only want 20 for the day as i know what its like to want to stalk deer but as soon as i look at the prices you know its a no go whats the recommended price from you ?