Foxcub's set up-much longed for Christmas pressie!!

Guest foxyjo.

Guest foxyjo.

Foxcub, (who doesn't like typing too much), has asked me to put on his set up. :gunsmilie:

Some of you might remember his pestering for the 4.10, well we did the next best thing whilst waiting for me to sort my shotgun cert, and he got an air rifle for Christmas. It's a bit big for him, but he manages very well.

post-19750-1235649095_thumb.jpg

This is him a couple of weeks ago, just on his way out lamping for bunnies. He has Lucy with him too in case he doesn't finish the job in one shot, although the friend (adult) who accompanied him was in charge of her.

post-19750-1235649133_thumb.jpg

Foxcub is night blind, so it's not as straightforward for him as it might be, but he also got this great cap for Christmas which might be useful for anyone else who's vision is less than perfect. Built into the peak are a row of tiny LED lights which are switched on by pressing a button built into the peak. The light is just enough to see to load your rifle by or do any close up work, and it would be enough to negotiate any tricky ground with. It was £10 and is made by Jack Pike. It has a flap you can pull down for extra protection and a drawstring at the back to alter the fit. We both thought it would be worth mentioning this, as it's been a fantastic asset to Foxcub's hunting forays, and it might be very useful for somebody else.

I'm very proud of Foxcub, he has struggled with his sight but has never let it stop him doing anything. :notworthy: He has hacked home in the dark from a days hunting, he goes lamping, camping, night fishing in competitions and anything else he wants to, which when you consider it for a moment must at times be quite daunting. I think you're a very brave lad darling. :wub:

aye he sounds like a top lad and im sure he will make a top hunter the way hes going

im sure realtree also make them caps and a gun room i went to had a thing were it could on to the peak of any cap......wouldnt really fit on my bobble hat but is a good idea:D

i got my an air rifle for christmas last year too fox cub! and am the same age as you (13 arent you?) i'd like to have a dog like yours (and love a 410.!) nice kit there! what gun is it?

lloks like a smk b2 standard length barrel