SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

I'm sure lads have there reasons thinking it might cure the cur that's cropped in there line of jackers lol and not realising the bull blood they use could be a bigger cur than what they already have.

• Like 5

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter what's in em...if your producing consistent digging dogs and getting game dug week after week season after season?atb dc

100% it's grand to have a nice looking dog but if it doesn't work to a high standard for me there no good. I just like the bone and good heads the bull puts into them.

Edited by shaneg
  • Like 5

I'm sure lads have there reasons thinking it might cure the cur that's cropped in there line of jackers lol and not realising the bull blood they use could be a bigger cur than what they already have.

I've known bull blood put into lines of white terriers because not only was gameness lacking but physically they needed it.

Staff blood added jaw and straight (or at least straighter) legs to an inbred line of Russells or such.

In the couple of instances where I know for 100% percent that bull was added to Fell lines it was nearly always because the breeder was to proud (or stuck up) to ask another Fell breeder for an outcross.

What did it add to that line ?

Fresh blood is your answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here in Ireland the Fell lines started to appear around the same time as the first American Pit Bulls.

The Staff was starting to disappear.

Lads who think they know talk of bull added left right and center when in truth the only bull was their theories.

The Pit Bull can vary from 20 lbs to 100 lbs. My Blitz was 35 lbs, his sister was 60 lbs plus.

Who'd put this into a terrier if they were thinking straight ????

Now, thinking that you know what a terrier looks like if it has bull in it is a theory, not a fact.

Personally I tend to deal with honest lads and if bull was being used nilly willy like the jealous fantasists like to tell us I'd know of it (within the lines of Fell types I know off personally) and I'd also say it because the true proper Bulldog is my favourite breed and if I thought our workers were bull crosses as a whole I'd be the first to say it.

Like I've said before of course there's bull in loads of proper working lines but not nearly as much as the messers think.

Edited by neil cooney

Adding bull blood into a working terrier will not improve its working ability, (working ability) not to be confused with headstrong brawlers, I think the reason some people add bull blood is because they have a lack of good hard working bitches. Just because they look the part means F-all , Breed to the right stuff and youll forget all about bull blood.

• Like 3

Adding bull blood into a working terrier will not improve its working ability, (working ability) not to be confused with headstrong brawlers, I think the reason some people add bull blood is because they have a lack of good hard working bitches. Just because they look the part means F-all , Breed to the right stuff and youll forget all about bull blood.

bang on

This is a bitch I owned years ago from the second mating of Jc/Tiger.Turned out a lot smaller than the dogs from the first litter.I had the pleasure of seeing 3 from the first litter work quite a bit,Sambo,Welly and Edna.All very good workers,as was Tiger.post-76698-0-48376800-1494760136_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

what one of them goes back to jc and tiger general

all nice terriers

Thanks mate. The black dog to the left "Poker" is out of "Kray" he has was bred with all that stuff in him Clay, Edna, Molly, Gus, Jc, Batfink as far as I'm aware. I never seen the dog work myself personally, my dog has had 2 seasons over him and he's turning into a decent reliable dog so far, I'll be upping the gears on him this season coming so fingers crossed. Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 1

what one of them goes back to jc and tiger general

all nice terriers

Thanks mate. The black dog to the left "Poker" is out of "Kray" he has was bred with all that stuff in him Clay, Edna, Molly, Gus, Jc, Batfink as far as I'm aware. I never seen the dog work myself personally, my dog has had 2 seasons over him and he's turning into a decent reliable dog so far, I'll be upping the gears on him this season coming so fingers crossed.

tidy mate we had ednas litter sister she was a decent bitch and produced a great dog he produced some good dogs also

• Like 1

This is a bitch I owned years ago from the second mating of Jc/Tiger.Turned out a lot smaller than the dogs from the first litter.I had the pleasure of seeing 3 from the first litter work quite a bit,Sambo,Welly and Edna.All very good workers,as was Tiger. IMG_0415.JPG

Some legs and pads on that!