SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How that plummer season end DC that your mate had off gaze on here ?

If you're talking about tanner who gaz had.. I saw her work a couple of times towards the end of last season. Useful little bitch she is!!

Atb JB

• Like 1

I see where your coming from DC, sometimes I think lads are more interested in having chewed up dog, personally I would prefer a dog that mixed it more than locked on, I have a two different types here one goes in and locks on and gets the job done asap, 6 digs in 6 months, the other mixes it hardly gets a bite worked every weekend, once or twice took a bit longer but never failed. I dont mind the taking a bit longer part because sometimes the game doesnt want to be dug but he stuck to the job, which is the main thing.

• Like 5

i've been lucky it seems, i've had a few never lost a tooth ,plenty of work and even those that did only lost the little front teeth at the top , i wouldn't bred from a gummy dog or bitch either , the bitch in the back ground worked a hell of a lot of game rarely bitten never mind lose a tooth ,

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2

i've been lucky it seems, i've had a few never lost a tooth ,plenty of work and even those that did only lost the little front teeth at the top , i wouldn't bred from a gummy dog or bitch either , the bitch in the back ground worked a hell of a lot of game rarely bitten never mind lose a tooth ,

Why wouldn't you breed from a gummy dog or bitch Glyn? We know how easily foxes can take a tooth from a dog...they're TERRIERS that are under soil to WORK a fox, teeth are gonna be lost??? Not trying to sound a prick as you've been at since before I was a tadpole in my old man's sack, just curious.

• Like 1

Can't vouch for how much work you get for the tykes Glyn but I do know your extremely lucky to work a dog regular without losing anything or getting bit .I'm jealous to the point of wondering if it's real .

• Like 3

Fd more than welcome to give me a shout in the season and watch her go...then you can come on here and tell the thl massive if I've anything to hide?what I should of said is I won't keep an overly hard dog that's only good for a handful of digs a season-I expect yourself and a few others knew that but as always on here it's a cock measuring contest,my dogs blacker than yours, lol.atb dc

• Like 4

What I didn't get is you said you wouldn't start a dog until it's teeth are set properly in its head...that tells me you wouldn't start one young? You ain't gonna know if it's hard until the red ring goes round it's neck and you see the ring piece going into the darkness...not trying to cause another argument...just curious

• Like 1

What's difficult to get about that?

He said he wouldn't START a dog until it's teeth are properly in its head. The next breath was he should have said he wouldn't keep an overly hard dog who could only be dug to work handful times a season...unless you can see something that I can't?