longnetting for begginer

lamp+battery

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are a real canny bloke mate :notworthy: and i thank you for your advice i will pm with my number mate :thumbs:

lamp

All very interesting and reminds me of my first attempts in the early 1980s, it was all trade secrets then. Those that knew how wouldnt tell others the ins and outs of it. My neighbour was a eletrician and that wire reel thing did cross my mind as one way of doing it, but I never tried it. I prepared the net in loops at home and tied it ready for letting off in the field which worked a bit, but gave several crossed lines and few rabbits. There were no longnet books or dvds at the time and I trid to get snippets of information off those who netted. Then a certain book come out in 1989 and all was revealed, and since then its been all end pins, trad nets and, sorry, backpegging. Best of luck with the great game.

many thanks mate that was intersting to read, i no a bit about long nettin ie best night ,wind direction, moon etc, as i work lurchers and if it is good enough to take the dog`s out it is ok for longnettin i now got a great feiend who is helpin me out alot and the bits and bobs he is tellin me if great,the hose drum is a tiny bit noisey but it wasent as noisey as i thought but it is realy to big and bulky for walkin for a good few hours iv been puttin my net out just for a bit practis and gettin used to half hitchin on the top and bottom lines here is a few pic ov my attempts it might not look perfect but it is only me 3 time ov puttin a long net out the first time it took me 3 hours to put out and this time it only took 35/40 mins to put out so the drum thing is the fastest way i have found so far i just got a book sent up off mole catcher called (the art ov long netting) by harold wyman, just started readin it and finding it realy interestin and very help full thanks mole catcher mate,

any way here is the pics i was on about

lo.jpg

pic 2

lon.jpg

pic 3 as you can see i dident have the topline tight enough but as i said im still learnin

long.jpg

thanks for all infomation lamp

to be honest lamps , that net doesn't look to have much bag in it. although that could just be the pic.

also on the second pic down, that peg (pole) is either not pushed in far enough cos the bottom line is sitting high .

another tip, is to set the poles at an angle. so that the rabbits runn on to the mesh.,

and the top line could do with being tighter. apart from that :D

just keep practicing mate, its the only way to lern . all the best TOMO

to be honest lamps , that net doesn't look to have much bag in it. although that could just be the pic.

also on the second pic down, that peg (pole) is either not pushed in far enough cos the bottom line is sitting high .

another tip, is to set the poles at an angle. so that the rabbits runn on to the mesh.,

and the top line could do with being tighter. apart from that :D

just keep practicing mate, its the only way to lern . all the best TOMO

At last some one who knows what he is talking about. Sound advice tommo :clapper:

thanks for the comments, i have only put it out a few times so im am STILL LEARNIN as i dont have any body round my way that i no that dose longnettin, so i have to learn by phone, books, dvd`s and my mistakes but im am not goin to give up,, so feel free to call me dumb, daft what ever at least im givein it a go and not throwin in the towl when it dosent go right, but feel free to pass any tips, thanks tomo i no the line wasent tight lol but i am gettin there if you had ov seen my first attempt ov it you would ov pissed your self laughing, had the poles to far apart some ov the net was on the floor etc, so that was 100% better just need to keep at it and i will get it right in the end will keep you all informed on my progress and 1 day put up a post with a good bag ov rabbits.

please dont take the piss leave a helpfull comment or just say nothing

thanks .......lamp

:clapper: Looking good bro.

Do you really think so?

TC

take the piss mate i dont mind i only get better when people think im shit at stuff :clapper:

Lamps,

The "do you really think so" was not aimed at you, but at the person who likes threatening people and calling them names.

PS: I have given you good advice, but on a tidy forum. Oh and get young lamps to enter that comp.

TC