Fuel Economy L200/Navara

I have a L200 53 plate, 12mnths MOT, 6 mnths tax, Warrior, leather seats, regulaly serviced, not bad MPG good on long run. PM if interested. open to offers. quik sale wanted.

Thanks for the offer but, i will be going for the Navara.

Navara Owners? Whats the space like in the Back? I am going to fit it out with Terrier Boxes and a place to store Spades etc..... Then i will have 1/2 Dozen Longnets,Ferret Boxes and Lurchers in the back when Ferreting. Have any of you Ladies or Gents fitted yours out and could you put a picture up so i can get a rough idea of set ups.

Thanks to all once again for replying :clapper::clapper:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could fit all that in caterpillar... easy.

Am I right correct in thinking the Navara is the biggest of the pick ups? Sure I've read that somewhere that it's just a fraction wider and longer than another makes equivalent (might be wrong though!)

Ours is a crew cab, haven't got the back fitted out with anything. We just use the back to transport the dogs about. But we have had 2 lurchers, 3 terriers, a buggy, spades etc and a couple of boxes full of stuff in the back when we went away. There's loads of room.

A friend of ours put a false floor in his, sat just above the height of the wheel arches. Dogs went on the top, his gear went underneath the false floor. It's something we've been on about doing to ours, just never got round to it. To be fair, we've never really needed to either!

Shell

Can't fault my old Navara either! had it now 3 years and sailed through 3 MOTS. Its good on fuel and reliable and easy for anyone with a ounce of savy to service.....

One thing I had pointed out to me the other day by Millet because I have never read the manual :whistling:. I always thought I needed to stop to select 4 x 4 but I have now since found out you can slip it in and out of 4 wheel drive anywhere upto 40mph <Clutch not needed>, its come in very handy when my steep driveway was snowed over.......

Jasper

Seems general concesous is go for the nivara, i've never had one, but i have had use of a l200, and they are crap, unreliable, had two engine rebuilds in 90,000 miles, no torque, loads of fuel, shite driving position and you would need a football pitch to turn it on full lock.

Just my experience, but i have an old shogun with 200,000 miles and wouldn't swap it for a new L200 if i couldn't sell it for the cash.

Can't fault my old Navara either! had it now 3 years and sailed through 3 MOTS. Its good on fuel and reliable and easy for anyone with a ounce of savy to service.....

One thing I had pointed out to me the other day by Millet because I have never read the manual :whistling:. I always thought I needed to stop to select 4 x 4 but I have now since found out you can slip it in and out of 4 wheel drive anywhere upto 40mph <Clutch not needed>, its come in very handy when my steep driveway was snowed over.......

Jasper

What you've never read the manual Jasper? lol :o First thing I did when we got ours... honest! :tongue2:

With our old Maverick we had to stop it to put it in 4wd, then when taking it out we had to drive a few foot in the opposite direction to get it back to normal 2wd. Malc used to do it with the Nav... I didn't think you needed to, so read up on it one night in front of the fire, glass of wine in one hand, Navara manual in the other :icon_redface: pmsl

It certianly makes life easier being able to switch between the two whilst still moving.

Shell

What you've never read the manual Jasper? lol :o First thing I did when we got ours... honest! :tongue2:

With our old Maverick we had to stop it to put it in 4wd, then when taking it out we had to drive a few foot in the opposite direction to get it back to normal 2wd. Malc used to do it with the Nav... I didn't think you needed to, so read up on it one night in front of the fire, glass of wine in one hand, Navara manual in the other :icon_redface: pmsl

It certianly makes life easier being able to switch between the two whilst still moving.

Shell

I should have read the Manual alot earlier shell! I couldn't get in it for weeks until I found out what them funny buttons was on the key :laugh:....

if I select 4WD while waiting to reverse into my drive it locks the Diff up on one side as I swing in! its a pain when the road would be dry and my driveway was covered in snow, dropping it into 4wd without having to stop has solved the diff wind up problem....

Jasp

I should have read the Manual alot earlier shell! I couldn't get in it for weeks until I found out what them funny buttons was on the key :laugh:....

Jasp

Buttons on the key? :icon_eek: Erm... yours must be a posher model than ours. Ours is the farmers model :D

More seriously... one bad point with our Nav... it's got an ifor top which you can lock with a padlock through the catches. Can't lock the tail gate though. We've adapted ours so it can be locked up securely now. Don't know if newer ones are lockable or not.

shell

just blown my 06 d40 up! melted a piston ,think my fault though as when i ditched it other week looks like id damaged the oil cooler wi out realising so its gona cost a cpl grand to get it right but i see it like this,im hard on motors,ive blown a few subarus,2 discos and this is second navara but ive had 7.every motor can go bad especially if you drive it like its stolen everywhere,ive done near on 40k in myn in the last year so its done ok considering how i drive it. still fuucked off though