Sign in to follow this  
caterpiller

Fuel Economy L200/Navara

not good on the navara front had one as a work truck loads of fuel and not very good on reliability eather

Edited by osimons89

L200 300 miles on a tank, fortune when they start going tits up, £600+ to change out timing belts etc, £500 to change out a leaf springs & the insurance companies will have your pants down with “commercial†insurance.......

navaras better on fuel by miles and l2s have big engine problems too. in my opinion get a well serviced navara!

Ive had a navara for 3yr's now and touch wood it has been a dream to drive and ive had no trouble at all with it.. i have just recently done a trip of 190miles in it and it cost me £28 so if there is anyone out there that can work the MPG out go for it.. :thumbs: ..

Millet

P.S the diesel was 99.9 a ltr if that help's.

29.5 miles i get, but i didn't go to school alot :whistling: was that motorway miles millet cos thats not bad really :thumbs:

i had a shogun warrior sport 2 years ago i was lucky to get 25 mpg, it might have the same engine as the l200, it was on a 04 plate :thumbs:

Me and hippy chick have just had the calculator and conversion chart out and we came up with 31.5 MPG and i did not go to school either.. :D ..

The miles i done where a mixture of motorway and country lane's and sometime's my foot got a little heavy when over taking.. :whistling: ..but never over 80MPH..also the back of the vehicle was fully loaded with equipment so im thinking if i done 65/70MPH all the way with no extra weight i would be getting 35+MPG..

One other point the oil filter is a piece of piss to change also they have a timing chain so they is no belt to change..

Millet

i didn't do that bad, 2 mpg out :D still good though :D

My navara has been very reliable, touch wood nothing has gone wrong in over two years and i average 28mpg.

spend a bit more and get a d40 navara they are coming down in money now.lot more powerfull engine 6 speed and i get upwards of 40mpg out myn 33 thrashing it about

We've got a Navara, on a 01 plate.

Had it 3 years and not had anything major go wrong on it. Love it, great to drive for such a big lump!

Would recommend good tyres tho, stop the back end sliding in damp/greasy conditions.

Fuel wise... re reckon we get about 25 - 30mpg depending on how /where it's driven.

Shell

I have a L200 53 plate, 12mnths MOT, 6 mnths tax, Warrior, leather seats, regulaly serviced, not bad MPG good on long run. PM if interested. open to offers. quik sale wanted.