Those clips were filmed in several different fields. Of course the rabbits could get out of the fields, the key to successful lamping is trying to predict which way they will run to get to sanctuary, by knowing where the burrows etc are. It was only her second or third time out if I remember rightly so I think the bitch did very well. Have you had her back out much since Chester and hows she coming along? :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest SJM

Why is it whenever someone puts up a video clip of their young dogs doing well someone always has to come along and crab? I went with Chester and filmed the pup running, Chester had only given her a couple of runs on the lamp prior to this night, so it was her first proper night out, I think she did very well :thumbs: She didnt miss many and had a well timed strike, she also carried almost all the bunnies right back and put them in his hand. What more do you want from a pup on its first proper outing ffs? Would you be happier if he was slipping it on rabbits sitting 150yds out on a stony field or something? :doh: Not all of the fields we were lamping have walls in them either, several have a wall one side to seperate the different farmers land, and the other 3 sides are wire fencing. Some of the fields dont have walls in them at all, Chester will verify this cos we have lamped this ground a few times over the winter. So instead of talking out your arse, why dont you get out in the winter and make some videos of your dogs and put them up and show us all how its supposed to be done lol :feck:

plenty of escape routes the rabbits have warens on the edge of the walls or go into them or over them with no probs.so this winter take your young dogs out with the camera on its second night out and let us see how its done.