Thinking of getting hens again

Hi guys,

I miss my hens. We don't have a garden any more, but will be moving soon. We do however, have a decent enough sized yard. I've just found THIS coop on Ebay, brand new.

chicken-coop.jpg

It looks the business and has all the nifty features you'd want. External nest boxes, raised sleeping quarters with the pop hole opening and closing from outside the run/unit, removable floor tray for easy cleaning etc. Looks a bargain for £149 brand new :clapper:

I'm thinking of getting a couple of White Stars, Black Rocks and/or maybe an Indian Game cross. I want something for eggs that'll also do the pot when it gets on a bit or if I decide it's an "annoying one" :tongue2: What do you think to the coop? Seems decent to me, and it'll fit a corner of our yard perfectly until we move to somewhere bigger.

Yeah we're looking to move somewhere with a much bigger garden, which won't be hard around here. I thought maybe start out with half as many as I plan to have eventually, to give them more room in the run before we move somewhere they can roam around freely. Still beats the hell out of being a battery hen and we still get fresh eggs of a morning :thumbs:

I'd never heard of White Stars before, but they sound quite handy. "Over 330 pure white eggs in their first year" according to the suppliers. Anyone got any experience? I've only kept Light Sussex, Black Rocks and Hisex Rangers before now. Well unless you count the pure evil Lavender we had before it went on its holidays :whistling: lol

Yeah we're looking to move somewhere with a much bigger garden, which won't be hard around here. I thought maybe start out with half as many as I plan to have eventually, to give them more room in the run before we move somewhere they can roam around freely. Still beats the hell out of being a battery hen and we still get fresh eggs of a morning :thumbs:

I'd never heard of White Stars before, but they sound quite handy. "Over 330 pure white eggs in their first year" according to the suppliers. Anyone got any experience? I've only kept Light Sussex, Black Rocks and Hisex Rangers before now. Well unless you count the pure evil Lavender we had before it went on its holidays :whistling: lol

i got white star ill get some pics up soon exelent layers