• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i should have expected this. by! i'm going back to the airgunning section

you do that and think before you post turd like this :icon_eek:

After the first nite the gate is left open on his chicken pen or badger decides to be in (which takes some stopping), followed by the fox which seems to have included his chicken pen in its nightly walk and finds the inevitable hole he will realise why we shoot foxes. The badger may kill one or two and eat the breast, the fox - he will kill every bird in the pen until there are none left alive.

Does this guy think that a farmer is going to stand idly by allow foxes to attack livestock and not shoot foxes? unless we put nine foot mesh fences around 80 acre fields?

Take a look at gct reasearch on vermin control and the populations of ground nesting birds and tell me that removing a proportion of the fox population cant be a good thing. I would never wish to eradicate the foxes but you must control them.

from your first post you were clearly out to cause an argument. by saying an absolute statement such as 'theres no need to shoot foxes' you're clearly searching for a fight. if you had simply said, 'could anyone tell me why foxs need to be controlled in the uk you wouldn't have got the responses you got and quite frankly, you deserved. also, hypocrite is exactly the right word for you, you dont shoot anything native but you clearly shoot pigeons. you also call someone anti-ban a redneck and more than likely from your first post you're anti-killing foxes yet you still shoot rabbits, squirrels and pigeons. either you're chatting b*****ks or your extremely ignorant with regards to the countryside. killing a rabbit or a fox is the same thing, if need be then they need to be controlled. some people have the oppurtunity to shoot fox but choose not to because there is no risk of endangerment to either game or poultry.

we have a number of pens in the main woods on our farm to feed the game, guess what it doesnt keep the foxes out all the time and not all pheasants will stay within the pens.

as ss said, do some research before insulting the good people on here who have (including myself) wasted our time reading your useless and rude posts.

okay i should have had a think about fox controlling on 500 acre farms.... but smallhoders still don't need to shoot foxes. and as you said i probably am a hypocrite, but pigeons attack crops and crops are 100s of acres wide so it would be hard to protect them. but foxes attack lambs in fields even wider than crop fields. i see your point now. that on a much larger scale it would be a less expensiveand easier soltution to shoot the fox on than on my small farm you wouldent have to just add some chicken wire to the top. i posted the post "fox?" after looking at a video on the snaring section. forgot whats its called. i see your side of the argument.