Sign in to follow this  
rickardo

lanner taken pheasent

dont know anythinf bout hunting falcons but if a falcon dived at a rabbit like that it would smash into the ground wouldnt it isant that why it will stay low.

' timestamp='1250614567' post='1192891']

It looks to me like that the falcon is either killed or knocked out from the strike

I would go with your thoughts Dereck as it looks to me like the falcon hit the floor faster than the pheasant.

hi all was that falcon killed while making that that clip. im new to this and it looked like it went down wrong.

if you pause a few times when that falcon hits that pheasent the falcon is knocked out for sure. ive only been out with my mates lanner a few times and even i thought when i seen that clip they swapped birds it looks twice as big when it flying but i could be wrong. shame if the falcon was hurt though i hope im wrong

The Falcon goes through the pheasant, the bird that looks dead is the pheasant, Watch the vid again,

your correct mate it does go through sorry :thumbs:

The Falcon goes through the pheasant, the bird that looks dead is the pheasant, Watch the vid again,

No need to apologise, i thought the same until I watched it again. It first looks like the falcon smashes the pheasant to the ground.

Cheers :thumbs:

No need to apologise, i thought the same until I watched it again. It first looks like the falcon smashes the pheasant to the ground.

Cheers :thumbs:

faif play mate :thumbs: do you think it was a lanner mate?

I only really know our native Bops and a few in europe, so many crosses in the hobby wouldn't know.

BTW, great set up you have,

I only really know our native Bops and a few in europe, so many crosses in the hobby wouldn't know.

BTW, great set up you have,

ah thanks mate :thumbs: im going to free loft him next week in it