send us your pics!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUPERTED
Bring on the Tope thats what I say! Those little sharks will screw your carp tackle up good and propper!

Or second best, get the conger out, 30lb straight through, cranking for every inch! ;)

CARP ROD MORE THAN CAPABLE 30LB IS NOTHING WORLD RECORD CARP PUSHING THE 90LB BARRIER

Bring on the Tope thats what I say! Those little sharks will screw your carp tackle up good and propper!

Or second best, get the conger out, 30lb straight through, cranking for every inch! ;)

CARP ROD MORE THAN CAPABLE 30LB IS NOTHING WORLD RECORD CARP PUSHING THE 90LB BARRIER

i would be very surprised if you could land a decent conger from the shore on carp gear mind,

pound for pound conger give a much stronger account of them selves, thats before the rock crevices and kelp you've got to ghet them through imo

Edited by tynetyke

Shore for conger is 68lbs i think, it's not the fight, it's the pulling them out thats the problem. Hook a 20 pounder from the shore and they are trouble!

The Tope pound for pound when hooked from the shore is something else, watched 30 pounders take 30 minutes to land on heavy beach tackle, but seeing 50 yrds of line go off your spool at a blistering pace wondering if it's going to stop is superb! Carp are slow in comparison.

A shore Tope was taken off Anglesey this year hit well over the 60 lb mark, lad was down on line and just got it in the end

I'd rather target the cats to be honest, less chance of them being fed up for capture than the carp.

(Spelling!)

Edited by Brimmer

Biggest Tope i've seen out is this one at 34 lb

DSC00128-1.jpg

I know there is a lot bigger caught of here, but the biggest i have seen.

Watched this man take a good 30 minutes to land it with several massive runs.

Not seen any fish in freshwater in the same league to be honest. :notworthy:

Here's a carp i caught a couple of years ago out of some old natural ponds in some woods near me, i was going down everyday after school for about a week and just throwing in a few dog buiscuits n a couple of slices of bread broken up. I didn't have my scales on me at the time so couldn't tell you exact weight. Unfortunately someone walking their dog seen me land it and within a week there were people setting up with their bivvy's etc. haven't seen the carp since.

post-18713-1234299154_thumb.jpg

Proper fish, lad. :clapper::thumbs:

Better than the overstuffed specimens from the 'proper' carp lakes.

There's a flooded area near me that's got plenty of doubles. Might set up for an all-nighter sometime. Won't be bivvying though.....

ye, felt alot better catching that than catching them out the proper lakes. I've got all the carp gear but i think its a lot more fun just taking a rod down wi just a bit of spare tackle in a bag.

Proper fish, lad. :clapper::thumbs:

Better than the overstuffed specimens from the 'proper' carp lakes.

There's a flooded area near me that's got plenty of doubles. Might set up for an all-nighter sometime. Won't be bivvying though.....

ye, felt alot better catching that than catching them out the proper lakes. I've got all the carp gear but i think its a lot more fun just taking a rod down wi just a bit of spare tackle in a bag.

your right there lad, nice fish too. :clapper:

Biggest Tope i've seen out is this one at 34 lb

DSC00128-1.jpg

I know there is a lot bigger caught of here, but the biggest i have seen.

Watched this man take a good 30 minutes to land it with several massive runs.

Not seen any fish in freshwater in the same league to be honest. :notworthy:

get down to darenth lakes wells catfish up to eighty pound plenty of em landed each season on carp gear . my mate had an eighteen pound cat from a lake in kent on four pound line hour an half of playing it ....