#1 tom1cameron

tom1cameron

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:02 pm

Hello

So have some birthday cash (30 today whoohoo), looking at upgrading to a pinkfoot specific call. My mate uses the DJ illinois one and it sounds great, and there is also the Archie Jordon one, and then others swear by some of the snow geese calls. Any thoughts?

T

#2 wigeon jim

wigeon jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:14 pm

DJ is the only one you will need, Jim.

#3 wag

wag

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:17 pm

Hello

So have some birthday cash (30 today whoohoo), looking at upgrading to a pinkfoot specific call. My mate uses the DJ illinois one and it sounds great, and there is also the Archie Jordon one, and then others swear by some of the snow geese calls. Any thoughts?

T

Archie Jordon all the way for me tom , but i have herd good things about snow geese ones too , m robson swears by the snow goose calls .

#4 mj robson

mj robson

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:06 pm

I have 3 Snow Goose calls (MSG-96) all tuned to different pitches. I also got hold of an Olt-77 this season which sounds nice too. Most will do the job fine and won't jam when wet.

The only real differance with the plastic Snow Goose calls is they are usually about half the cost of a wooden one.

Mark.

#5 wildfowler-2007

wildfowler-2007

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:58 pm

If going for a wood call nothing will come close to a olt

Most people say they 2 you have said above sound the same i think other wise i would not thank you for either

I use 2 snow goose call's as Mark has said above i have used these call's for many yrs with no problem and easy to use

Regards

#6 blackdug

blackdug

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:23 pm

Hello

T

hi tom, have a look in ebay worldwide there area couple of nice olt calls wooden calls better sound i think!!!,under goose calls ,nice one in a leather case with lanyard too...... yer gettin old !!!!!! davie

#7 blackdug

blackdug

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:50 pm

Hello

T

hi tom, have a look in ebay worldwide there area couple of nice olt calls wooden calls better sound i think!!!,under goose calls ,nice one in a leather case with lanyard too...... yer gettin old !!!!!! davie

Tom the item number for the olt call on ebay is...220355429561 hope this helps davie, hope to see you next year for a day on the clyde...... if yer old legs can take a walk on the mud.haha

#8 yorksjt

yorksjt

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:52 pm

Olt 800 is in my opinion the one to go for.

#9 tom1cameron

tom1cameron

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:41 pm

if yer old legs can take a walk on the mud.haha

I may have turned 30 but I feel 40, it must be all those long walks in fickle weather chasing ducks following evenings with ubiquitous quantities of hot speyside amber. I must wean myself off the malts.

#10 v-max

v-max

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:41 pm

Hi Tom cant beleave your 30 happy b-day. Did you have a hard paper round? as beleave it or not im older than you :icon_eek: . I had an olt but lost a bit of it & it was good but now work a scotch call & i works well for me.

#11 moonflight

moonflight

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:21 pm

SWEAR BY DJ PINK AND GREYLAG CALLS HAVE AN ARCHIE JORDAN PINK CALL IT ALSO WORKS WELL' BUT I WILL SAY THEY ALL ARE PRONE TO LOCKING UP WHEN I USE THEM A LOT MOON FLIGHTING 'WHEN I USE MINE THE MOST.

#12 sauer

sauer

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:22 pm

heheheheheh hhahahahahahahahah h hhhoohhhh hehehehehehe

here our 30??!?!?!?!! :o

v-max right tom must have been a hard paper round.....bagdhad high street and nae push bike!!!

only joking bud all the best hope you had a good b'day

and just mind have that b'day malt in moderation

dinnae want a sair heed at your age

all the best
sauer

#13 tom1cameron

tom1cameron

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:27 am

Thanks chaps, I am afraid I did not get your message until this morning so I did sniff a few drams on Saturday, thats another bottle of Talisker processed!

I like the idea of the wooden DJ illinois or the AJ call, someone has said they are the same call just branded differently?

#14 ALLYMOORE

ALLYMOORE

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:41 pm

I know this thread was a few pages back but just curious, does anyone still use the P.S OLT L-22 for pinks?

#15 Guest_Pinkfoot_*

Guest_Pinkfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:58 pm

I know this thread was a few pages back but just curious, does anyone still use the P.S OLT L-22 for pinks?

I used to but trying by mouth now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users