COMPETITION UNDERWAY

Guest Countryboyo

I accept that it's just for fun and I have no issue with it.

However I've moddied on this site for nearly 5 years. Only today I've removed a post on night shot gamebirds, a thread that's been hijacked by someone disagreeing with shot hares, and open references to poaching. To think that everyone understands is pretty naive.

I'd like to think that everyone will play fair but experience tells me otherwise.

Good luck with the comp but anything that turns it into a slanging match and/or legal mine field, will be deleted.

Well said i mean who would cheat at this!?!?! i think people will stick within legality if they dont they dont get points anyway.

You be surprised. I know a gentlemen who's had his pictures stolen, from another forum, and printed in a book, by someone else! How's that for the ultimate rip off?

There is nothing to stop people taking pictures from the internet and claiming them to be their's, nothing to stop photoshop, no one has even suggested adding he date and time feature to the pictures to make sure they were taken within the competition time frame.

I've got plenty of personal pics that I could slowly dribble into the competition, as I'm sure many others have, and to think that it could never happen, or won't happen, is dream talk. It has happened before and people have left forums over it. :D

Fact is hunters hunt and keyboard warriors cheat and lie about it.

Good luck with the comp. I'll even pin the thread when it gets going! :D

Edited by ChrisJones

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you all go popping off Seagulls.

Read the General License wording on the shooting of Gulls Extremely Carefully I think you'll find that very few, indeed, if any of you have the justification for shooting them.

Seagulls and their control are the preserve of professional pest controllers who have explored every other avenue of control.

There was a case about 18 months back, where a chap shot a Seagull with an Airgun because it was a nuisance. He was prosecuted successfully.

SS :thumbs:

However I've moddied on this site for nearly 5 years. Only today I've removed a post on night shot gamebirds, a thread that's been hijacked by someone disagreeing with shot hares, and open references to poaching. To think that everyone understands is pretty naive.

I'd like to think that everyone will play fair but experience tells me otherwise.

Good luck with the comp but anything that turns it into a slanging match and/or legal mine field, will be deleted.

Well said i mean who would cheat at this!?!?! i think people will stick within legality if they dont they dont get points anyway.

You be surprised. I know a gentlemen who's had his pictures stolen, from another forum, and printed in a book, by someone else! How's that for the ultimate rip off?

There is nothing to stop people taking pictures from the internet and claiming them to be their's, nothing to stop photoshop, no one has even suggested adding he date and time feature to the pictures to make sure they were taken within the competition time frame.

I've got plenty of personal pics that I could slowly dribble into the competition, as I'm sure many others have, and to think that it could never happen, or won't happen, is dream talk. It has happened before and people have left forums over it. :D

Wasnt that deker who Got ripped of in the SportingShooter or some other mag

Wasnt that deker who Got ripped of in the SportingShooter or some other mag

No Association to myself incase anyone is wondering ;)

Guest Countryboyo
count me in please if it isnt to late ill be using a bsa airsporter. Loads of crows rabbits rats and pigeons and loads of weasels and minks. Have fun Im shooting tommorw so il post some pics.

Nick

Never too late to enter pal. best of luck.

I haven't looked in here for a while, and I apologise for being pissed. but what Chris says is spot on. Sometimeses we need to think on

Guest air gunner

The comps underway so get over it. if i goes wrong the post can go simple as. set up my decoys in the garden had a look for rabbits saw a few but the crunchy snow gave them a better idea so nothing for me so far.

Guest Countryboyo
The comps underway so get over it. if i goes wrong the post can go simple as. set up my decoys in the garden had a look for rabbits saw a few but the crunchy snow gave them a better idea so nothing for me so far.

Keep at it pal. Dont think il get out today unfortunately.

Guest air gunner

Well i have so far had an unfortunate day. firstly spotted a tree of woodys so creeped up obviously they got up and flew off. fair enough then i spotted a maggie up in a tree so walked over flew of well before i got close luckily i saw a jay flying tree to tree followed it and it stopped in the same tree with the maggie great i thought then the bugger flew off over the field next tome and over the train tracks! bugger one good thing for me today when out for the bunnys although they ran away i did spot a fox that walked within 15yrds of me i think thats the closest i have been to a live one. Damn wish i had a .243 with me then. doesent look like i will have much game in this comp.