COMPETITION UNDERWAY

Guest Countryboyo

Guest Countryboyo
so can we agree on a point system please.

What would you reccomend? can we decide on quarry first. we cant shoot phesent, can we shoot woodies? so far the quarry are pigeon, crow, magpie, rat, rabbit,squirrel. we need to decide on all the allowable quarry first and then we will set up the points system. what about seagull and woodies?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you dont mind pigeon plucker i copied your post and added a few off mine

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

corbie crow= 4 point

jackdaw= 2 point

buffalo= 5000 point :D

hare= 4 point

cheers taz

Edited by 00taz11
Guest Countryboyo

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

corbie crow= 4 point

jackdaw= 2 point

hare= 4 point

cheers taz

i think we should keep crows and jackdaws under the one heading and points score. My way of thinking so far is:

Prey point(s)

Crow, pigeon, rat , squirrel 1

rabbit, magpie, seagull 2

woodie 3

stoat, mink, weasil, hare 4

explination: we wont know the difference between a wild and urban animal, you may argue that inland folk dont have seagulls but lots dont have squirrells either. Feel free to suggest any changes.

whats a corbie crow?

a corbie crow is really smart crow they have black legs and a black beak they eat game birds eggs and game birds i hate them any movement from anywhere they are gone i always use my mate ruger 10/22 i think and sit atleast 40 yards away under a tree to get at them but sometime always go away when im going to pull the trigger but best is to go round during nesting time and blow the nests with shotguns they are that bad they have to worse than birds of prey

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

corbie crow= 4 point

jackdaw= 2 point

hare= 4 point

cheers taz

i think we should keep crows and jackdaws under the one heading and points score. My way of thinking so far is:

Prey point(s)

woodie 3

explination: we wont know the difference between a wild and urban animal, you may argue that inland folk dont have seagulls but lots dont have squirrells either. Feel free to suggest any changes.

what about hare

Guest Countryboyo

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

corbie crow= 4 point

jackdaw= 2 point

hare= 4 point

cheers taz

Prey point(s)

woodie 3

what about hare

I wrote up 4 points for a hare. corvids will be 1 point whether wild or urban. magpies will be separate from corvids and will be 2 points. lads I know urban animals are easier kills but its impossible to distinguish. Just get out there and get permission in your towns and citys over the next few days. :clapper:

Guys can we drop the jokes about sheep buffalo and the like or else this thread will get deleted i know there not serious but it's breaking the forum rules to talk about shooting unsuitable quarry sorry to be a killjoy but i think the competition is good fun and i don't want it ruined over a few jokes.

Guest air gunner

I have been wanting to ask this for a while are inland seagull air gun quarry? around me the school attracts thousands of the buggers. they dont just eat the litter but also the crops on weekends. this comp will be great. doesent the law on woodys state you can only kill them if they are damaging private property? if this comp works by the eend of it there will be no game to shoot. extra points for using a springer i say.

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

corbie crow= 4 point

jackdaw= 2 point

hare= 4 point

cheers taz

Prey point(s)

woodie 3

what about hare

I wrote up 4 points for a hare. corvids will be 1 point whether wild or urban. magpies will be separate from corvids and will be 2 points. lads I know urban animals are easier kills but its impossible to distinguish. Just get out there and get permission in your towns and citys over the next few days. :clapper:

urban squirrels who are used to pepole looking at them and going" aawwwwww! so cute!" and givving them peanuts will be easier to shoot than wild squirrels who are wary of humans

sorry jamie about saying shooting a buffalo , next time im out i will stay well clear of them ..... duh .......good old thl sence of humour at it's finest. :(

only way you kids will get a comp going is if you have a witness for your kills as people will just post old pics etc..

Guest Countryboyo

Lads I know that quarry in citys are tamer and easier to shoot than in the wild but, we will have no way of telling the difference. and as for the shooting of quarry, there will be no limit on the amount you can kill, thats why we have the points system. for example someone may live in an area that there are loads of crows but no rabbits or hares so they will have to shoot loads of crows. and we want to see big bags coming in so there will be no limits. as for people posting old photos, we will be just be relying on peoples common courtesy. and im sure other members will remember photos that were put up before. have you any issues for the points with the different quarry? Inland seagulls do count by the way air gunner. lads I think myself that we should keep the same points for airgunners, spring or watever type. the simpler we keep the comp the better but if a few of you think the points should be different I will be willing to change.