COMPETITION UNDERWAY

Guest Countryboyo

Guest Countryboyo
seagulls should be in the 1 point section. there easy to shoot

Lads the points will stay the same there will be no changes we will just concentrate on slaughtering :clapper: . How many seagulls do you predict shooting by march 31 aaronpigeonplucker? dont forget to set yere alarms for the morning lads :victory: Im looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers and quarry are posted in.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Countryboyo
i might be buggered as i cant drive and my permission is a bit away ill see what i can do

get some decoys up in your back garden

dont have any

A fake nest with one full egg and one broken egg with contents inside. get the magpies and crows interested :thumbs:

Guest Countryboyo
seagulls should be moved to one point, they are as easy if not easier to shoot than feral pigeons. who agrees that seaghulls should be moved to 1 point?

Il change it to one point so pal but thats it then nothing else is changing. :thumbs:

Guest Countryboyo

PICT0300.jpg

2 today

2 total

Disaster of a day had to shoot from home didnt have the car today to drive to permission. shot two earlier on and nothing has come around since. Had bread and a broken egg as my decoy and was shooting from my bedroom window. Cant wait untill my new sight and laser arrive next week. should increase my points a bit. Il try get out for a bit tomorrow anyway and hopefully pick up a few more.

CB

Hi lads im thinking it would be a bit of crack to set up a bit of a competition. The way it would work is that there would be a points system for the different quarry. ie higher points for the harder quarry. we could set it up so that it would be a month long and simply the shooter with the highest points at the end of the month wins. pictures of each sessions quarry have to be posted and added to the thread accordingly. Anyway let me know if you would be interested in taking part. It would be a laugh anyway ;)

CB

In theory it sounds alright but how do you judge the entries?

Also such a competition couldn't include any game birds because they're all currently out of season.

I'm alright with it providing it complies with the rules of the forum but if you're relying on people's sporting honour, to submit entries, then it's doomed to failure.

can we include cats? :whistling: next doors got loads they love to crap on in my flower beds

Err... no. ;)

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

anything that i shoot= 100,000,000, point

sound fair? lets go on this system!

How will you differentiate between wild and urban from a camera phone picture?

just to say the airguns should be in the legal limit 12 ft/lb :tongue2:

It won't matter if the quarry list is small game. They should all be legal quarry allowed to be taken all year.

Besides how do you tell from a camera phone picture, that the rifle is sub 12?

I won't be entering this competition but I'll be watching this thread as it unfolds. It will be strictly moderated and any posts that show illegal quarry, unsuitable quarry, etc will be removed and the member warned.

Guest air gunner

HI chris i have been watching this post and everything you have said has been mentioned for example game birds it has been stated the season ended on the 1st. cats come on a huge joke! i rekon most people on this forum are decent folk and wont cheat if they do they are complete losers cheating at an informal comp. this is basicly a your kills post. Also as mentioned the urban and rural theme is not being used so thats not a question. cheers mate

Guest Countryboyo
Hi lads im thinking it would be a bit of crack to set up a bit of a competition. The way it would work is that there would be a points system for the different quarry. ie higher points for the harder quarry. we could set it up so that it would be a month long and simply the shooter with the highest points at the end of the month wins. pictures of each sessions quarry have to be posted and added to the thread accordingly. Anyway let me know if you would be interested in taking part. It would be a laugh anyway ;)

CB

In theory it sounds alright but how do you judge the entries?

Also such a competition couldn't include any game birds because they're all currently out of season.

I'm alright with it providing it complies with the rules of the forum but if you're relying on people's sporting honour, to submit entries, then it's doomed to failure.

can we include cats? :whistling: next doors got loads they love to crap on in my flower beds

Err... no. ;)

urban squirrel= 1 point

wild squirrel=2 point

rabbit=2 point

woody= 3 point

rat=1 point

feral pigeon=1 point

urban corvids= 1 point

wild corvids= 2 point

anything that i shoot= 100,000,000, point

sound fair? lets go on this system!

How will you differentiate between wild and urban from a camera phone picture?

just to say the airguns should be in the legal limit 12 ft/lb :tongue2:

It won't matter if the quarry list is small game. They should all be legal quarry allowed to be taken all year.

Besides how do you tell from a camera phone picture, that the rifle is sub 12?

I won't be entering this competition but I'll be watching this thread as it unfolds. It will be strictly moderated and any posts that show illegal quarry, unsuitable quarry, etc will be removed and the member warned.

Thanks Chris. we will appreciate you keeping an eye on the topic and advising us as we go along. The main point of this competition is fun and if people cheat then they are only fooling themselves. Thanks again.

CB

shooting seagulls is a little vague lads

but remember only three type of gulls are on the general licence

Gull, Great Black-backed

Gull, Lesser Black-backed

Gull, Herring

so make sure you know youre gulls before you shoot any or you may get into trouble

all the best mal