hello patterdale friends

Guest zazzara
o i dont know if i would like smuggler to hunt, im abit of a wossie since reading about working patts i'd be so gutted if smuggler got hurt!

ur on the wrong forum [bANNED TEXT] :boredom::laugh:

i dont know if uve noticed or not but this is a HUNTING forum :rolleyes:

i know your a hunting forum, but your all patterdale owners and thats who i wanted to chat with, i said before this is my first dog and i know that he is from a working background which i know is different from your average mutts!!!!!!!!

i also told you that i joined the patterdale-terrier.co.uk ........ but i was banned!!! which i haven't got a clue why that happened, i only posted the same kind of message i sent to this forum yesterday - introduced myself. thats how i found the huntinglife forum, and as for me not being a hunter by heart, i do own a dog with the hunting instinct in him, and my boyfriend is keen to take smuggler to hunt with the man we bought him from this summer........

so unless you can find out why i got banned from the patterdale-terrier site, and convince them to have me back as im not that bad!!!!!!!!! or if you dont mind i can continue to post on this forum and chatting to other patterdale owners.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zazzara
ZAZZARA what do you mean the dog isnt completely papered up ??? .........

what i ment was my pups dad is a fully papered (pedigree) patterdale

but the mum is only a patterdale with no paperworks...... :blink:

Guest pat-r-dale
o i dont know if i would like smuggler to hunt, im abit of a wossie since reading about working patts i'd be so gutted if smuggler got hurt!

Yeah im a little confused as to why your on the forum! Its nice that you like your dog but i think you may like it better on a doggy lover forum. Remember this is a hunting forum and that is the main subject is hunting. And patterdales do get smashed up but thats an occupational hazard.

Most of us on here dont have pet dogs there working dogs that live outside, they dont know what the house looks like let alone the BEDROOM! They dont get stroked very much either.

Sorry im not being nasty to you, you have just as much right to be on here as me or anyone but just please remember what this forum is about.

If you do write about how much you love your dog and you dont want him to get hurt etc you will get laughed at and taken the piss out of.

p.s welcome and yeah do post a pic of him

Guest zazzara

Yeah im a little confused as to why your on the forum! Its nice that you like your dog but i think you may like it better on a doggy lover forum. Remember this is a hunting forum and that is the main subject is hunting. And patterdales do get smashed up but thats an occupational hazard.

Most of us on here dont have pet dogs there working dogs that live outside, they dont know what the house looks like let alone the BEDROOM! They dont get stroked very much either.

Sorry im not being nasty to you, you have just as much right to be on here as me or anyone but just please remember what this forum is about.

If you do write about how much you love your dog and you dont want him to get hurt etc you will get laughed at and taken the piss out of.

p.s welcome and yeah do post a pic of him

thanks i understand whats going on now, we all love dogs, but mine is not a worker, smugglers mum and dad are both workers, and the man who sold him to me said out of the whole litter, my pup was the only one who was going to someones home to become a family pet, like you said about your dogs, smug's siblins are living in kennels outside with the rest of their packs. so my dog could of ended up a worker if i hadn't of come along.

i wont be a typical girl anymore and go on about my puppy and how lovely he is!! but what i will say is the working instinct stays strong inside my dog, when we are on walks he stalks the birds and squirells, he is getting very close to catchin one, ever since easter time when i went away with my son to visit family in wales and liverpool, i left my bf lookin after my house dog and other pets..................... the dog ate my rabbit!!!!! and since then my dog has quickend his sprint and is hot on the tails of them grey squirals

hey can i ask you all a question..............? i have two cats as well as smuggler, i got my cats years ago so the pup is the new comer, the man i got smuggler from says i should watch my terrier with my cats, even when i said the cats and dog have curled up asleep together and the cats stand their ground with the pup........... ive still been warned and even more so now the rabbit has been struck off my pets list! do you lot think i need to be careful leaving the cats and dog alone together?????

Guest zazzara
this has got to be a wind up ...........

your tellin me mate

i know this is winding me up.

have you seen how many views these posts have had already..

been at the top of the forum for days now :whistle:

Guest zazzara
Its illegal to hunt squirels with dogs watch out

what even the grey squirels??

years ago in regents park, near london zoo you would get a cash reward for a dead grey squirel. prob not the case now days,

there is a lurcher in the park i go to and she has to be muzzeled because she rips the squirels in seconds, the owner said the dog tries to bite her to let go of the lead when dog sees a cat

hello [bANNED TEXT] :good:

hello too :good:

im sure someone would be kind enough to find you a doggy lover forum pal :good:

what u wanna get rid of me already!!!!!!!!!

Guest Uk_Hunter
the owner said the dog tries to bite her to let go of the lead when dog sees a cat

sounds like hes dog needs a good kick my dog wouldnt dare bite me to try and get a cat :no:

some people just dont av control over there dogs :realmad:

Guest zazzara
the owner said the dog tries to bite her to let go of the lead when dog sees a cat

sounds like hes dog needs a good kick my dog wouldnt dare bite me to try and get a cat :no:

some people just dont av control over there dogs :realmad:

do you think its nessasary to smack a dog for bad behaviour? my bf said i should smack my pup on the nose when he has done wrong - toilet in house - or when he hassles my cats

but i havent really had to tell my pup off much, as the toilet training happened quickly as i take him walks every morning and then again in afternoon and early evening at the same time every day.. and my cats have now started to swipe the pups nose which definately shocks the pup.

what i have noticed about patterdale breed, is when i come home i just know when smuggler has done something wrong because he cant look at me, and he stays in his bed with his head hanging low..... he grasses himself up with the guilty look even before ive even noticed what his done