tale's of the gypsy/poacher

a could listen to the tales of men that have been on the road all there lives all day when you listen to these men it brings home just how much you do know about dogs and poaching /coursing and just living off the land . i have spent many a time round a camp fire on different horse fairs around the uk listening to these stories

:clapper::clapper:

the story about the dog forund at the site of the road made me :cry::cry:

have to agree Digzy please no more like that :cry:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess some people might find this spooky but it's not to me  When was a kid a childhood friend who started me in Hunting ,fishing died while out with his dog. not going to say how he died

i met my grandfather earlier very much a country man a true romany this thread isnt to start an argument its for who are interested in old storys and old ways i showed him my dogs he said i like the

most of the tales i get told are of the marsh(romney marsh)years ago when my old man was a boy,listening to him remember those days you can see the excitement in his eyes,tales of hares that never got

a could listen to the tales of men that have been on the road all there lives all day when you listen to these men it brings home just how much you do know about dogs and poaching /coursing and just living off the land . i have spent many a time round a camp fire on different horse fairs around the uk listening to these stories

your right mate there isnt alot better than sitting round the campfire with a can of beer and listening to hunting stories :D

makes me wish i was born back then :(

Used to talk to a lot of travelling folk that passed through our village when i was a kid. Used to get a belt off me dad if he knew i had been talking to them.........but i used to go up the lane to where they were camped and spend hours with them. Proper bow-tops most were travelling in.........lovely childhood memories.

One thing one very old man once told us..........and i have always remembered it from nights around the camp fire as a kid was the mystery of the Hare. He was convinced that they were witches that transformed themselves to lure men away to there doom. And he also pointed out that if you look closely at the surface of the full moon you can clearly make out the shape of the Hare on the lunar surface......you can as well........but you need someone to point it out to you...Happy Day's

Rolfe. ;)

I once had my fortune told in the middle of a factory I was running in Lincolnshire.

She was a middle aged Gypsy lady called Maria, who was working for me at the time.

She told me many things that would happen to me over a period of time....

Most of which have come true ;) ...........some of which are progress now :yes: ....some things never to be repeated.. :o

She was a kind hearted sole, I really liked her, so did a large percentage of the male work force :D

your right mate there isnt alot better than sitting round the campfire with a can of beer and listening to hunting stories :D

makes me wish i was born back then :(

:thumbs: :thumbs:

digzy ,im a 42 year old man and [bANNED TEXT] ma olders r about around a camp fire l sit n listing to all the old storys,iv been to many a fair and many a fires lol l sit all night n listing ,but l think bigdan as said it all not just is familys background,it goes for every gypsy family background wott there fathers and grandfathers did just to feed us,but u got admit fellas its the way they tell,em lol l love a good fire ,but todays genaration gone mad lol they go n raid a cash point with a jcb ,just to get to the curry shop pmsl,its like l said we havent read no books its in a gypsymans blood and always will be ,good thread dan

Guest mickyrichardson

digzy ,im a 42 year old man and [bANNED TEXT] ma olders r about around a camp fire l sit n listing to all the old storys,iv been to many a fair and many a fires lol l sit all night n listing ,but l think bigdan as said it all not just is familys background,it goes for every gypsy family background wott there fathers and grandfathers did just to feed us,but u got admit fellas its the way they tell,em lol l love a good fire ,but todays genaration gone mad lol they go n raid a cash point with a jcb ,just to get to the curry shop pmsl,its like l said we havent read no books its in a gypsymans blood and always will be ,good thread dan

Martini you will find the lads who did all the cash points from around the country with the jcb were not gypsys ;)

Martini you will find the lads who did all the cash points from around the country with the jcb were not gypsys ;)

they were travellers they were the (edited) family

Edited by DIGZY

sure is ;)

Guest mickyrichardson

they were travellers they were the family

2 different jobs we on about then mate i wont say names as its not the right thing to do on a forum Edited by mickyrichardson

they were travellers they were the johnston family

2 different jobs we on about then mate i wont say names as its not the right thing to do on a forum

you are probably correct should not put any names up on a forum. The family i was talking about were a travelling family they were stealing jcb of local workmens sites then going up to a auto bank and digging it out the wall lol then stealing it . They got a few banks and the poliece couldnt convict them of it for years then they got all 7 of them red handed and they are now behind bars