tale's of the gypsy/poacher

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess some people might find this spooky but it's not to me  When was a kid a childhood friend who started me in Hunting ,fishing died while out with his dog. not going to say how he died

i met my grandfather earlier very much a country man a true romany this thread isnt to start an argument its for who are interested in old storys and old ways i showed him my dogs he said i like the

most of the tales i get told are of the marsh(romney marsh)years ago when my old man was a boy,listening to him remember those days you can see the excitement in his eyes,tales of hares that never got

On 01/02/2009 at 00:23, Kay said:

I like reading spooky stuff about hares , i am sure there was one such tail told on here yrs ago, i remember , not sure who posted it mind

I guess some people might find this spooky but it's not to me 

When was a kid a childhood friend who started me in Hunting ,fishing died while out with his dog.

not going to say how he died as it wasn't a nice way to go and  his dog was never found I'll call him jack for this post as don't wanna use his real name .

some people say suicide, I personally don't believe it I think it was a accident .

but any way the spot he died is a big tunnel. Every time I pass through the Tunnel I always say what I'm doing    jack , ( I'm just going fishing  wish me luck ) 

anyway  one day me an my mate where heading towards my mates permission as we pass tunnel I say

(Hello jack were off lamping ) 

My mate doesn't find it weird or anything cause he seen me do it hundreds of times, an  he even says hello jack himself 

it was a really really cold night an we been out for a while an hadn't seen much so we head to last field on the way back .

my mate gets a rabbit in the beam I slip his dog  before the dog even had chance out of know where this dog appears picks up the rabbit an away runs straight through the hedge 

my mates starts repeating wtf wtf , whos dogs that how f**k has it gone through that hedge like that ,what was it

( these where hard hedges you couldn't just run through them like it did) 

, the dog didn't look normal  it was like looking at it through frosted glass sort of an it was silent   , 

But i recognised the dog straight away it was the same collie /grey  that got me in to hunting  100% him

turned to my mate an said that's jack's dog he said but that dog would of died from old age a long time ago, just looked at him an said I know , 

Walk back in silence pretty much  as we going through the Tunnel I  just say  ( I think I just seen you dog jack )

About 2 months later 

As I got to the tunnel entrance I saw him standing at the other end then he just disappeared 14 year old jack still in his umbro hoodie that he always used ware standing there with his dog , 

The farmer reccons hes seen him a few times an says it was definitely him aswell 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, mroak said:

I guess some people might find this spooky but it's not to me 

When was a kid a childhood friend who started me in Hunting ,fishing died while out with his dog.

not going to say how he died as it wasn't a nice way to go and  his dog was never found I'll call him jack for this post as don't wanna use his real name .

some people say suicide, I personally don't believe it I think it was a accident .

but any way the spot he died is a big tunnel. Every time I pass through the Tunnel I always say what I'm doing    jack , ( I'm just going fishing  wish me luck ) 

anyway  one day me an my mate where heading towards my mates permission as we pass tunnel I say

(Hello jack were off lamping ) 

My mate doesn't find it weird or anything cause he seen me do it hundreds of times, an  he even says hello jack himself 

it was a really really cold night an we been out for a while an hadn't seen much so we head to last field on the way back .

my mate gets a rabbit in the beam I slip his dog  before the dog even had chance out of know where this dog appears picks up the rabbit an away runs straight through the hedge 

my mates starts repeating wtf wtf , whos dogs that how f**k has it gone through that hedge like that ,what was it

( these where hard hedges you couldn't just run through them like it did) 

, the dog didn't look normal  it was like looking at it through frosted glass sort of an it was silent   , 

But i recognised the dog straight away it was the same collie /grey  that got me in to hunting  100% him

turned to my mate an said that's jack's dog he said but that dog would of died from old age a long time ago, just looked at him an said I know , 

Walk back in silence pretty much  as we going through the Tunnel I  just say  ( I think I just seen you dog jack )

About 2 months later 

As I got to the tunnel entrance I saw him standing at the other end then he just disappeared 14 year old jack still in his umbro hoodie that he always used ware standing there with his dog , 

The farmer reccons hes seen him a few times an says it was definitely him aswell 

Shivers mate! 

I'm not a gypsy.but I do hav a tale of something that happened that was really weird and unusual..

one night i decide to go lamping.i got my dog and lamp ready and walked the 1/4 mile to were i lamp I crept slowly in to the wood and silently walked through trying not to disturb any pheasant that would give away my presence in the wood. I got to the filed and got out the lamp.i shone the lamp down the field and saw a set of eyes a lonely rabbit just sitting there ..I slipped the dog and as he ran down the beam the weirdest thing happened,..............he caught the rabbit and returned it live to hand .......

lol, joking aside I've seen some f****d up shit in my life but I prefer to tell my self its my mind playing tricks on me....otherwise i wouldn't go out lamping on my own lol