Airgun pellets to Ireland

I ordered some pellets from England from ebay on Sunday. They were shipped on Monday, but they still havn't arrived.

I'm just wondering, is it legal to buy air rifle pellets over the internet in Ireland, since you need to produce a license to buy them in shops here?

I wouldn't imagine customs would pick them up, does anyone know?

Yeah. Well these guys sent them alright. Just hoping that f*cking customs didn't take them.

I looked up some of the things that 'An Post' don't send, it said firearms, but not firearm ammunition.... Is an air rifle a firearm anyway??

Edited by Back Stabbath
Not sure about down there. I tried to order them from Uttings and they said they couldn't send them because of the firearms laws.

Dazza

when did u order them, got my fac back and pellets are not included on them, spoke to FAO and he said the were not classed as ammo any more so could buy over the counter without FAC anymore. Give your local FAO a call and see what he says about buying them.

sean

as far as i am aware you would need to show your licence to buy pellets............but it depends how they have been sent????

if the sender has skimped on packaging they may have been picked up..........or they have skimped on stamps and they are still on their way !!!!!!!!!!!

all the best

sean

Yeah...I'm hoping he hasn't written on the packet "Airgun Pellets". Should have really told him to write nothing on it. Bloody annoyed now. Was hoping to go out at the weekend.

I have contacted the seller about it.

Edited by Back Stabbath
Yeah. Well these guys sent them alright. Just hoping that f*cking customs didn't take them.

I looked up some of the things that 'An Post' don't send, it said firearms, but not firearm ammunition.... Is an air rifle a firearm anyway??

thay sure are, well here thay are, you need a fire arms licance for it. and to be 18 :glare:

dazza

make sure u get that fac apllication in on time , and be prepared to wait a while to get it back. hope u have been a good boy as they will revocate it for just about anything. Make sure you declare all convictions (noy trying to say you have any) including any motoring offences no matter how small.

sean

Yeah...I'm hoping he hasn't written on the packet "Airgun Pellets". Should have really told him to write nothing on it. Bloody annoyed now. Was hoping to go out at the weekend.

I have contacted the seller about it.

any word on the pellets?

No. Seller hasn't written back yet. If they don't arrive Monday, or the seller dosn't write back soon, I'm going to get my money back from paypal.

Thanks for the info clubshot. Could I buy some from you if these fall through?

I Supply Exterminators & Defiants Around the world - where ever advised Legal

As stated I have posted and they have been delivered without problems

As ask all customers to advise when orders arrive - saves problems down the line............

BOB/R