brian brinded quickset long nets

tony d

Bought a 50 yarder and basket off Brinded at the Midland about 4 year's ago now, done the job for me.

Some say the pin's aint no good as there not as thick as the one's that Magnum etc supply.... but as Ive already said have served me alright

• Like 1

thanks guys, a mate of mine knows a head greenkeeper of a golf course and i mentioned to him about using the flags for longnet poles but christ knows where i will get any? i have 2 dozen in the shed you can have! result. so think i am going to buy some netting,get a basket and make me own quickset net. thanks again

tony

I bought 2x 50 yard 4oz's from brinded nets..the nets where fine ..but ..in conversation with brian over the phone I told him,i had made my own quick set basket...he went into a full on bitch fit..saying he had patented the quick set system basket...the blokes a bellend.. and rumour has it he ust to be a prison screw.... :whistling:

I'd get your nets and posts from bridport nets in dorset..they do the 1/2" thick posts that you can push into anything..

cheers. :big_boss:

• Like 1
thanks guys, a mate of mine knows a head greenkeeper of a golf course and i mentioned to him about using the flags for longnet poles but christ knows where i will get any? i have 2 dozen in the shed you can have! result. so think i am going to buy some netting,get a basket and make me own quickset net. thanks again

tony

Nice one tony d and they need to be cut in half, 24 =48 longnet poles :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

I bought 2x 50 yard 4oz's from brinded nets..the nets where fine ..but ..in conversation with brian over the phone I told him,i had made my own quick set basket...he went into a full on bitch fit..saying he had patented the quick set system basket...the blokes a bellend.. and rumour has it he ust to be a prison screw.... :whistling:

I'd get your nets and posts from bridport nets in dorset..they do the 1/2" thick posts that you can push into anything..

well millie heres more news for you i,m the originator of the quick set long net system , absolutely nobody ever used one until i showed it on video , then phil lloyed showed them and the stop nets with two and three poles on his coney catcher videos , i devised this system 38 years ago when i was 24 years old , and killed 27 rabbits with my first run with it and all these guys did was add a basket , i taught keepers and poachers how to use my system for years , as there was no back pegging , it was run from ATO B in under two minutes , when master hunter first used it , with a couple of his keeper pals he sent me up a picture with over a hundred rabbits netted that night , i also devised the tying in method of four two yard pockets ,between the 8 yds between the poles . the only problem with the nets at the time was they only had 2inch mesh , and big winter rabbits were mostly caught up in the net by the feet , i also showed them how to set gate nets and sheet nets properly when working at night. snareman . the real truthfull originator of the quick set long net system , without the basket.

well millie heres more news for you i,m the originator of the quick set long net system , absolutely nobody ever used one until i showed it on video , then phil lloyed showed them and the stop nets with two and three poles on his coney catcher videos , i devised this system 38 years ago when i was 24 years old , and killed 27 rabbits with my first run with it and all these guys did was add a basket , i taught keepers and poachers how to use my system for years , as there was no back pegging , it was run from ATO B in under two minutes , when master hunter first used it , with a couple of his keeper pals he sent me up a picture with over a hundred rabbits netted that night , i also devised the tying in method of four two yard pockets ,between the 8 yds between the poles . the only problem with the nets at the time was they only had 2inch mesh , and big winter rabbits were mostly caught up in the net by the feet , i also showed them how to set gate nets and sheet nets properly when working at night. snareman . the real truthfull originator of the quick set long net system , without the basket.

Its a shame you did'nt patent it,back then, it would of stopped some of the clowns running round today, yurping about who's design it was.....YIS.....cheers Millie ;)

anyone can make them and sell them , once a product has been shown publicly , it cannot be patented , i remember years ago keith pryor showed a basket on his little longnet booklet , so anyone can make them with baskets and sell them if they so wished . thousands of guys all over uk and in australia know i,m the originator of the quick set system. its no big deal fitting poles to a net . its dead simple. i made phil lloyd run this netting system for 3 hours one afternoon in 1992 when he was up staying with me , and gave him a net and stop nets with him when he was going home.

Its a shame you did'nt patent it,back then, it would of stopped some of the clowns running round today, yurping about who's design it was.....YIS.....cheers Millie ;)