Guest ferret feller

dont shoot hares you will shoot the good healthy ones and injure a few more

if a lurcher courses one a healthy fit hare should escape but an ill or old one will die and wont be left injured....

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it when somebody mentions shooting hares the lurcher lads are up in arms about it.You still get 1 for the pot weather its shot coursed or snared.Why is it most people think the only way to catch a hare is with a dog??

Guest Bennybhoy
Why is it when somebody mentions shooting hares the lurcher lads are up in arms about it.You still get 1 for the pot weather its shot coursed or snared.Why is it most people think the only way to catch a hare is with a dog??

because its fair

because its fair

hare hare :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

at least the hares got a chance with a Lurcher, whats chance it got with u lookin down a barrel?

Edited by wexford Pa

Your right there lads but unfortunatley its done regular these days due to the ban i went on a spot not so long back that youst to be littered with hares your lucky to see one these days and if i do see one i dont really bother touching them its a crying shame its comre to this in some places :no:

Your right there lads but unfortunatley its done regular these days due to the ban i went on a spot not so long back that youst to be littered with hares your lucky to see one these days and if i do see one i dont really bother touching them its a crying shame its comre to this in some places :no:

Its a shame that a man with a gun can go out and kill as many hares as he has bullets but a dog cant catch 1 :thumbdown: .... whats more naturalistic?:protest: :thumbdown:

There as bad as rabbits some of the places I go, I shoot the odd one with a shotgun, a few with the rifle, if anyone wants them.... other than that I'd prefer watching a good dog on them anyday..bloody right pal, to the latter then shot obiously lol :whistling:

The mighty hare dont half bring out emotion in people, and so it should, magnificant animal.

But who is anyone to say what is fair to be shot and what is not. How is it not fair to shoot a hare yet it is fair to shoot a pheasant or a partridge or even a rat. In alot of places hare shoots take part as a means of pest control, and they are a pest in these areas as if not the land wouldn't be able to sustain litteraly thousands of hares beeing shot each and every year. People that say if they have to be shot for pest control a rifle should be used want to educate themselves a bit, a rifleman can wound just as a shotgunner can, as always though its the shotgun which gets the bad reputation as that type of shooting is what is mostly seen beeing in daylight and not very solitary as 40, 50, 60 people can be taking part all at once.

I would just like to point out that i dont shoot hares out of choice, much prefering to leave them for a bit of sport for a lurcher or even a hawk. Bit if i really want one i will rifle one with the air rifle or shotgun and make bloody sure im going to kill it outright, last time i shot a hare was over 2 years ago and when i do its purely for the very tastey meat.

Edited by Born Hunter

Personally I dont think it's so much about the shooting just the numbers involved. I dont care what anyone says if your shooting around 200 -400 hares or any huge numbers in a season sooner or later it will impact on the species. There have been areas round our way were they have been wiped out completely....so much for conservation.