webley raider can it be turned up to FAC

beagles

take it from me [bANNED TEXT] if you dont have a f.a.c and you do mess with it i hope that you can repair yourself as i bought a webley axsor that was f.a.c it broke and webley are not good with that cost me £225 for an exhaust valve because they was not giving my gun back till it was at the legal limit so be very careful other thanthat dont get caught with it i have a tuning guide for a raider will sort it out and let you have a look if you like

Sorry mate, but questions like this are a no go area on here as talk of rifle tuning isn't permitted, due to the fact that they could be used by non FAC holders to put their air guns into FAC territory. :thumbs:

Not sure about the shot conversion though.

infact he hasnt done anything wrong by only asking if they can as he hasnt how to do it

DO NOT Post any rifle tuning information. None. This is our most frequently debated rule. I don't doubt for a minute that your intentions aren't the best. I don't doubt for a moment that your gunsmith skills are anything less than A1. The issue is that this advice can, and may, be taken and used to turn legal air rifles into unregistered firearms. This forum is regularly visited by our opponents and this information could be re-presented in a courtroom or a newspaper. Airgunning is under constant scrutiny and any content that can be used against us will be removed from the forum. See Guideline Number 2.

Yes there is way you can tune it up to 30 (AT 25 FULL POWER SHOTS) but i cant tell u because it will almost certainly be used by poeple who aint got an FAC.

I was thinking about doing it to mine but i aint got an FAC

Also does anyone know if theres a way of converting the raider to have a bigger air tank

jesus christ wtf is this site coming to i only asked if it can be done fort it was to ask for advice and that this site im considerin to not bother coming back on here after this well deffo wont be postin i been on here for a few years and ive noticed this not the site i joined at first !

I've posted this on its own but it is probably relevant to this thread.

Tamworth angler jailed for keeping air rifle

Monday, January 12, 2009, 10:10

Comment on this story

A TAMWORTH angler who bought a lethal high-powered air rifle 'to shoot rats' has been jailed for nine months by a judge.

Steven Fisher was sent down even though one of Britain's leading firearms experts ruled he could have had no idea it was an illegal weapon.

Fisher bought the air rifle from a car boot sale in Donnington for £500 and equipped it with a telescopic sight and silencer, Stafford crown court heard.

The gun was seized during the execution of a warrant at his home in Tamworth in connection with a domestic incident.

Mr Heath Westerman, prosecuting, said the rifle was in Fisher's fishing gear on the top of the stairs.

Click here!

The gun was tested by an officer in Staffordshire Police's firearms section.

"To fire it you need to fill it with gas," said Mr Westerman.

"When the officer filled it with gas, he fired a number of shots and as a result of this examination, the kinetic energy would have had a lethal effect on humans and as such required a Firearms Certificate.

Fisher, aged 35, formerly of Kerria Road, Amington, admitted a charge of possessing an illegal firearm.

Recorder Mr Stephen Thomas told him: "The sort of weapon you purchased is one that can cause lethal harm to humans, that's why there is a law that absolutely prohibits possession of such a weapon without authorisation.

"It is no excuse that you didn't know it was a firearm, it is your duty when you come to purchase such a weapon to ensure it is not a firearm or to seek authorisation for it."

When questioned by police, Fisher said he had bought it to shoot rats whilst he was out fishing.

Mr Michael Grey, defending, told the judge: "This is an absolute offence.

"I wasn't aware myself that a .22 air rifle required a Firearms Certificate, but that is no defence."

Mr Grey produced a copy of an airgun magazine and pointed to a number of advertisements offering similar weapons for sale.

He also referred to a report from one of Britain's leading firearms experts, the Most Reverend Professor Barry Peachey, who said that this was a type of gun most people would not know needed a certificate.

In addition, the average citizen was in no position to carry out the tests.

"These weapons are readily available from shops, from car boot sales, everyone assumes no firearms certificate is required.

"This rifle was there for the purpose he told the police.

"He is a very keen and expert angler and when he goes, he stays overnight and he is pestered by rats.

"The rifle was found in his fishing equipment," said Mr Grey.

Fisher was taken out of the dock protesting his innocence.

* Tamworth Herald, January 8, 2009, edition.

"Tuning is probably not a good idea unless you want to be keeping Bubba warm in a cell till next year or beyond.

jesus christ wtf is this site coming to i only asked if it can be done fort it was to ask for advice and that this site im considerin to not bother coming back on here after this well deffo wont be postin i been on here for a few years and ive noticed this not the site i joined at first !

You must consider the fact in your first post you never mentioned if you had a current FAC or not, and if someone answered your question explaining how to do this to your rifle then you run the risk of non FAC holders getting silly ideas. The mods don't get on here enough to cover this large forum and if such a post was posted it could have been read by the wrong people. Not to mention this forum is used by youngsters who are still learning about this sport and the risk of giving them the info about tuning rifles is IMO totally irresponsible. This does not include the bogus accounts made here by the ANTI-HUNT BRIGADE to read such posts and threads like this to gain ammunition against our sport......

LOL Timelord are you sure your not after a mods job ;) Why not have an FAC only section that only FAC verified holders could use

LOL!!! No donny I'm happy as a humble member but I think a dedicated FAC section could be the answer and obviously only an FAC holder should moderate it. Maybe even put an extra password there to access this forum so the mods know that only FAC holders will be using it..