pregnant jills

Guest GAZCO

both my jills are pregnant they share the same cage their due to give birth in about 10 days /when should i seperate them into a cage each/ it's both their first litters.

Should be fine, just take the hob out :good:

Guest RobW71

If your going to leave them together, make sure and keep a close eye on things, it's not set in stone there wouldn't be a problem leaving them together.

I prefer to separate mine a week or so before their due date, it gives them time to settle. This yr there's about 2wks between due dates, and don't want problems, especially with the Jills being so hormonal at the moment.

Regards Rob

Guest GAZCO
If your going to leave them together, make sure and keep a close eye on things, it's not set in stone there wouldn't be a problem leaving them together.

I prefer to separate mine a week or so before their due date, it gives them time to settle. This yr there's about 2wks between due dates, and don't want problems, especially with the Jills being so hormonal at the moment.

Regards Rob

cheers rob/i think i will take your advice and seperate them this week just to be on the safe side/i've got a spare cage ready and as it's both their first litters i don't want to take a chance and keep them together even although they're littermates and get on fine.