fore shore

Birchall

Free wildfowling is all about access to crown foreshore. In England the foreshore itself can be leased by the crown to other parties and therefore those areas that are not leased out to anyone and therefore are still owned by the crown can be shot. If you can find permitted access to those areas then you are fine.

My knowledge of the situation in England is limited and based on what I think I know!

My advice to you is this. If you are a member of BASC or the CA then speak to them. If not then become a member and speak to them. In my opinion BASC, for all the complaints laid against it, is the more informed when it comes to wildfowling access and may be able to help you. Join and then speak to the regional officer in your area.

They may help you even if you are not a member, but that does defeat the purpose of the very valuable membership!

That said, most of their documentation is available free to download from there website.

Best wishes

T

Edited by tom1cameron

I don't know of any free foreshore shooting in England where you can just roll up and shoot, as far as I am aware you need to get permission for all foreshore shooting in England and Wales. If you call Basc they will give you contact details of your nearest Wildfowling clubs or depending where you live you can PM me and I'll pass it on to my club and they'll give you a call.

can you in england tho cause i have been told you can't

first things first the crown only owns the mud , not the marshes , marshes are normally privately owned, by ethier clubs who have bought them from farmers, or they rent the shooting rights for the marshes, not the mud from the land owners, big estates or trusts etc etc in england .

then the clubs or who ever rents the shooting rights to the marshes, also have to rent the mud from the crown .

i would also bet my last pound !! i had that there is no free foreshore shooting in england !! ...

Reason why we get all them coming up here shooting our free shore

Regards

THATS WRITE AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

Scotlands shores rock, as long as you are below the high water mark on any ordinary spring tide you can go for it.I RECKON THAT THE DOWN SOUTHERS SHOULD HAVE TOO PAY WHEN THEY COME UP MIGHT DWINDLE THEM OUT A BIT AS THEY SPOOK THE GEESE UP WHERE I SHOOT.fOR EXAMPLE I WAS OUT TWO SATURDAYS AGO AND ALL THE GREYLAGS WERE TIGHT IN TO THE EDGE AND THESE PAIR OF GUYS START RIPPING REEDS OUT AND BUILDIND HIDES THEN AS USUAL THE GEESE FLY AWAY HAPPENS ALL THE TIME THEY NEVER LEARN WHATS THE DEAL WITH MAKING HIDES WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH COVER AROUND.ALSO EVERYWHERE I LOOK OR TURN THERES SOMEONE ELSE Rant over....

Regards

Scotlands shores rock, as long as you are below the high water mark on any ordinary spring tide you can go for it.I RECKON THAT THE DOWN SOUTHERS SHOULD HAVE TOO PAY WHEN THEY COME UP MIGHT DWINDLE THEM OUT A BIT AS THEY SPOOK THE GEESE UP WHERE I SHOOT.fOR EXAMPLE I WAS OUT TWO SATURDAYS AGO AND ALL THE GREYLAGS WERE TIGHT IN TO THE EDGE AND THESE PAIR OF GUYS START RIPPING REEDS OUT AND BUILDIND HIDES THEN AS USUAL THE GEESE FLY AWAY HAPPENS ALL THE TIME THEY NEVER LEARN WHATS THE DEAL WITH MAKING HIDES WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH COVER AROUND.ALSO EVERYWHERE I LOOK OR TURN THERES SOMEONE ELSE Rant over....

look, i am not getting into a row but i have seen many a local feck a good flight up when i have been on the foreshore in scotland .so its differnt when the shoe is on the other foot ......

as long as you are below the high water mark on any ordinary spring tide .... can you do that in england

No, there is no longer an agreement to allow free shooting on crown foreshore in England. It can still be leased but there is no free shooting.

Regards

I HAVE SHOT MANY FORE SHORES IN SCOTLAND AND MET A LOT OF NICE PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY.YOU GET IDIOTS DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU GO BUT DONT TAR ALL SOUTHERNERS WITH THE SAME BRUSH AS FOR PAYING THATS BULLSHIT PLENTY OF BUISNESSES THRIVE BECAUSE OF ENGLISH SPORTSMEN.

birchall

I think you need to go with some one with experiance for a good few flights before of even thinking that you can just head of on your own , lie of the land , tides, and quarry identification, also i would advise you to join a club as insurance is also another thing to consider, is there somebody that you know that can take you out? it is a fantastic pastime i hope you enjoy it