No one can make that judgement but you...You are the one with the animal.

But it's easier to get the vet out at 7.30pm than 2.30am.

Ring them and ask to speak to the vet, let him make the call, because if it is bloat, and you dont do anything about it, you will never forgive yourself..

i shal sleep down stairs tonight with phone in hand as minor versions of this have appened before but nothing like this

im not sure why people ask for advise and then dont take it??!! :angry: I know about bloat and i have tried to tell you what to do. I feel sorry for your dog if thats how little you value it. :(

Although I don't own a dog NOW, I have owned several in the past, and so I agree with what you say Farlap - an old saying comes to mind here -

"There's none so blind as them that don't want to see, and none so deaf as them that don't want to hear" :(

And in some cases, so true . . . . :wallbash:

I have to say, if it was my dog that was ill, i would make a call tonight and get it seen PDQ, not wait until going to the vets on Tuesday if the dog is no better on Monday!!

I mean, the dog is so obviously ill TODAY . . . . NOW . . . .(Sunday) like, you know?

Regards,

Grim.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well actually i dont drive so prior arangments would have to be made

this was my first ever ever dog and i value her more than the world mainly because i chose her before she even opened her eyes because i new she was going to be the dog for me (identical to her mother who my auntie owns) so dont you tell me that i dont value my dogs....anyone who knows me well knows i treat them like children and they are the only things in my life that i couldnt live without

i know my dog better than anyone and when i re-accessed the situation, yes her belly was a alarmingly abnormal (looked pregnant)but she was still playing and jumping about so i thought i would see what she was like over night and her condition has improved.....thank you for all your advice but DO NOT lecture me on how much i do or do not value my animals

:wallbash:

You've been given FREE advice by some of the most experienced working dog lads around, and you reply by saying you're going to ignore that advice, but say that you treat your dogs like children ........... I hope you never have any real children.

You could easily have been burying that dog this morning.

I wouldn't have thought you'd be getting any more advice.

You didn't even ring the vet?

Doesn't sound much like you deserve to own a dog!

:thumbdown:

excuse me mate,i didnt choose to ignor his advice i chose to leave it til the morning as she clearly wasnt in any pain or discofort, if her condition hadnt improved this morning then she would of already been at the vet but she seems better this morning

as i said i appreciate his advice but at that moment i couldnt have got to the vet anyway unless i disturbed the person next door....i asked my dad and he said just to see what she was like in the morning

and if you new me in person you would know that my dogs are everything to me, had myself in tears last night with worry

excuse me mate,i didnt choose to ignor his advice i chose to leave it til the morning as she clearly wasnt in any pain or discofort, if her condition hadnt improved this morning then she would of already been at the vet but she seems better this morning

as i said i appreciate his advice but at that moment i couldnt have got to the vet anyway unless i disturbed the person next door....i asked my dad and he said just to see what she was like in the morning

and if you new me in person you would know that my dogs are everything to me, had myself in tears last night with worry

If you have your own income & its been made clear by your parents that the dogs your responsibility then it should be seen by a vet thats up to you to deal with that issue .

If however your dependent on your parents still then its up to you to badger one of them to take you & the dog to the vets

If you have your own income & its been made clear by your parents that the dogs your responsibility then it should be seen by a vet thats up to you to deal with that issue .

If however your dependent on your parents still then its up to you to badger one of them to take you & the dog to the vets take the advice no need to ask more questions.

i pay for all things dog realted myself, she was ill last night but it seems to have subsided today, what i presume is she got in to the duck shed and ate a shed load of the scraps which were out which were all startchy foods e.g. old crackers, bread which made her swell up like a balloon

as i think your a bit of a class clown with a little good knowledge that you use to make yourself seem knowledgeable, when actually alot of what you preach is nonsense, i shan't mince my words!

your a fool. you will give out advice freely (most of it pure pish) but will not take others. only a few threads down from this in your exact words," its better to be safe than sorry".

you were given advice by farlap who gave an honest and creditable account and you chose to ignore it.

I'm afraid young lady i think you need to sit back for a while and listen to the few good folk that will try and help you.....i have noticed alot of your post leading people in a very odd direction, you can pull it off due to good grammar and a concise argument, but the content of your thoughts are nothing far from inexperienced and miss-leading.

as i think your a bit of a class clown with a little good knowledge that you use to make yourself seem knowledgeable, when actually alot of what you preach is nonsense, i shan't mince my words!

your a fool. you will give out advice freely (most of it pure pish) but will not take others. only a few threads down from this in your exact words," its better to be safe than sorry".

you were given advice by farlap who gave an honest and creditable account and you chose to ignore it.

I'm afraid young lady i think you need to sit back for a while and listen to the few good folk that will try and help you.....i have noticed alot of your post leading people in a very odd direction, you can pull it off due to good grammar and a concise argument, but the content of your thoughts are nothing far from inexperienced and miss-leading.

as i have said before iam un-experinced and the only reason i didnt take her to the vets is because firstly i couldnt get there and secondly she didnt seem in pain so i went by the theory if she wasnt better this morning i would get someone to take me......as i have said thank you again for the advice

i usually make suggestions from what i have tryed myself never tell people what they should or should not do and iam willing to admit when iam wrong.....i have people who i get my advice from who have been hunting for 20-30 years i dont know much but as i said in anouther post about "real hunters" you will see i know im still learning and i dont think iam all this and that and ask questions (usually stupid and trivial) but questions all the same

but as per usual all the wankers jump on the band wagon and give me hard time.....ive got a hard enough time at the moment with out toss pots being rude

ummm. i wasn't directing it especially at this post, it was just a good example..... your clearly not going to agree with what i wrote, but i just ask you think on it a little, an perhaps think again of some of the rules you hold so highly.

i love the innocents and fruitfulness of youth..... but added with a little knowledge and good writing hand it can be very dangerous...... you are only 16 and you don't know it all or in my eyes even as much as you think you do... covering that up with lots of pleas of I'm so innocent, un-experienced and willing to learn may wash with some, but for those who can read between the lines and follow a few of your post in can assure you it is not working.

ummm. i wasn't directing it especially at this post, it was just a good example..... your clearly not going to agree with what i wrote, but i just ask you think on it a little, an perhaps think again of some of the rules you hold so highly.

i love the innocents and fruitfulness of youth..... but added with a little knowledge and good writing hand it can be very dangerous...... you are only 16 and you don't know it all or in my eyes even as much as you think you do... covering that up with lots of pleas of I'm so innocent, un-experienced and willing to learn may wash with some, but for those who can read between the lines and follow a few of your post in can assure you it is not working.

well excuse me mate but you must need to go to speaksavers as your obviously reading in between the lines in-correctly

i would like to say now (in capital letters and everything as it seems to not be getting through) I KNOW PRETTY MUCH FECK ALL THATS RIGHT f**k ALL and im willing to admit it

anyone who knows me well knows im always asking questions and am a total worrier thinking im doing somthing wrong all the time

i did take that lads advice as best i could at that time and didnt sleep last night.............but dont judge me as you dont bloody know me and keep your silly opinions of me to yourself as any judgemental,rude and opinions directed at me as a person are not valued....tar

well maybe they should be...... dont have a 16 year old hissy fit about it ...tar :thumbs:

i know all i need to know about you..... you do like to talk about yourself afterall, and i have no wish to know any more. where as you know nil about me, or many others that you refuse to take advice from.

ive said all i need to say, little miss queen of the forum :toast:

well maybe they should be...... dont have a 16 year old hissy fit about it ...tar :thumbs:

i know all i need to know about you..... you do like to talk about yourself afterall, and i have no wish to know any more. where as you know nil about me, or many others that you refuse to take advice from.

ive said all i need to say, little miss queen of the forum :toast:

hissy fit.....no i just take no sh*t

briliant good for you you know all you need to know about me......i take advice from many people actually

queen of the forum :icon_eek: couldnt give a flying feck what people on here thought of me all i know is i got my permision, i got my dogs and i got good people behind me

i did take that lads advice as best i could at that time and didnt sleep last night

No, really, you didn't take the advice given, you completely disregarded it and potentially put the life of your animal in danger, you were strongly advised to seek vetinary help, you didn't even ring the vet, you simply decided it would all be ok in the morning, and luckily it seems it was.

Whether you are 16 or 60, if you are in the position where you have concern enough to ask here for advice, and that advice is to get the dog to the vet, and you choose not to, then you can't expect any help in the future really can you?

On a personal level, am I included in the "wankers and toss pots"?

You sound like a right stroppy little child.

Here's a link for future reference.

Vetinary Manual

you asked for advice , then when given it by sevral members you choose not to follow it, so why ask in the first place ??? they said if it was bloat you had no time to waste but you were willing to put your dog at risk by waiting till the morning, and as for not having a lift, surely you could of found some one to take you .