So lads ,, heres 1 to get it going how to stock break!!!

I just simply show them there future enviroment from a young age on leash of course .

let them c fences animals tracktors and so on !!!

atb

Anythingoes!

post-15880-1232296400_thumb.jpg

Edited by anythingoes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually introduce them at the first possible chance,just after theyre vacinated.Then I keep repeating the interaction till its a regular occurance.By the time the dog is 6 months old the sheep should be looked upon by the dog as his oul pal.....or just a common sight and nothing to be alarmed at.Theres no excuse for not introducing a working dog to livestock seeing hes going to be spending most if not all of his life amongst them.

DSCF0248.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

SSL20208.jpg

Photo20.jpg

I usually introduce them at the first possible chance,just after theyre vacinated.Then I keep repeating the interaction till its a regular occurance.By the time the dog is 6 months old the sheep should be looked upon by the dog as his oul pal.....or just a common sight and nothing to be alarmed at.Theres no excuse for not introducing a working dog to livestock seeing hes going to be spending most if not all of his life amongst them.

DSCF0248.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

SSL20208.jpg

Photo20.jpg

A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART !! :clapper::clapper:

just as above and if you get one a little stubourn febuary and lambs bring agressive mothers theyle sort a pup.

pretty much the same for the lurcher/terrier but for the hounds it has to be a littlemore serious as when they are competing if they even look at a sheep they lose their permit, so we actually ensure they are afraid of sheep rather than looking at them as their friends.

i usually go about it by locking the dog in a enclosed area with a grumpy ewe or a big tup........you only need to do it once!

ducks,geese,hens....i let them go for them once,they get i hiding and they dont do it again

So lads ,, heres 1 to get it going how to stock break!!!

I just simply show them there future enviroment from a young age on leash of course .

let them c fences animals tracktors and so on !!!

atb

Anythingoes!

good photo thats how everyones dogs should be

i usually go about it by locking the dog in a enclosed area with a grumpy ewe or a big tup........you only need to do it once!

ducks,geese,hens....i let them go for them once,they get i hiding and they dont do it again

your wright thare you will only have to lock your dog in with a tup once becouse thares a good chance your dog will be off work for along time with burst ribs

thats what my dad used to do ,said it is always works :victory: .

I like to walk the the pup near sheep and when they show intrest

jurk the lead hard and say " no"

for me they soon get the message

its good when they understand they are to run on faster stuff and get praise for it.

lofti.

Edited by lofti75