1st Kill, 1st Dinner - Rabbit

Out on my permission yesterday all day proper. Didnt manager to get any ferret finders so the ferts stayed at home.

Shot the rabbit at jst over 30yards - was well chuffed. Nothing the rest of the day, went back at dusk and there was a few around but no luck.

Heres my 1st attempt at gutting, skinning and cooking. I enjoyed doing it and will of course get better as i gain experience.

soaked rabbit pieces in salt-water for few hours.

Parboiled rabbit for 30 mins

dipped rabbit in whipped egg with herbs

dipped in flour

shallow fried till crispy

Served with Southern Fried Chips and Bread with a nice Southern Comfort and Coke.

I enjoyed it. :)

The girlfriend tried the 2 'fillety' bits she dont like meat on bone, and she liked it too, so thats good. ( i was nervous as she used to breed rare rabbits for show )

hope you didt waste the liver

2.JPG

3.JPG

7.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Hi Mate and well done.

Theres an article in the latest airgun world taking you through step be step how to gut and joint a rabbit, its the way I have done it for 25 years and its neat and systematic ...works well.

By the way what did you shoot it with up close I aue a BSA Ultra non FAC and at distance up to 100 yards I use a .17HMR, have used a 410 and 12 in the past the 410 is ok up to 35 yds os so but the 12 up close damages meat too much.

Good luck

Kev

• 2 weeks later...