• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

E.B.T. X From around 90/91...ish... Yokel

My kc bull terrier bitch from show stock here in the U.K. Doing well 

make you right there fella re: temperament, seen a good few iffy ones. don't get me wrong, i've also been around some a.p.b.t's and the occasional staff that you had to be on your toes around, but you

Posted Images

On 03/04/2018 at 21:13, dutchjozef said:

Hi mate. You live in Spain you say? We've got this boar-dog. Both parents are boar hunters. But it can also be used as a protection dog for cattle and family.  Do you recognise this breed?

Btw I didnt know EBT were still game dogs.

Ive never met a EBT worthy of using as a workingdog at all. Nice to hear they ard still around. But cant imagine they are purebred EBT. Must be some other workingdog lines in it. -and I dont mind crossbreeding at all! If it serves the purpose.... why not

IMG-20180320-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20180320-WA0028.jpg

Back in early 90s a good friend passed away and I took one of his ebt as his wife couldn't cope with four kids and 3 Bullys, bitch was only small in fact folk though she was a miniature bull, she workt OK on her own. Couldn't have another dog near her though so she went to a crofter and she done well keeping vermin down and she worked with sheep, cattle and I think he got a litter out of her to a brindle dog that a well known bull terrier man in Boston lincs bred. 

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:44, YOKEL said:

E.B.T. X From around 90/91...ish...

Yokel

belcher 2.jpg

you can always seem to tell an ebt cross, those genes for the head must be strong, they always seem to come through! IMO a BT x Stafford gives a better head than some of the BT's you see today, more like the original head before the breeders went downface crazy.  The BT I took on in the 90's was a real character and a right gent, a dog i'll never forget, he had some jaw power!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

you can always seem to tell an ebt cross, those genes for the head must be strong, they always seem to come through! IMO a BT x Stafford gives a better head than some of the BT's you see today, more like the original head before the breeders went downface crazy.  The BT I took on in the 90's was a real character and a right gent, a dog i'll never forget, he had some jaw power!

I like the ebt x sbt don’t see so many litters advertised nowadays 

22 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I like the ebt x sbt don’t see so many litters advertised nowadays 

That's true the way some staffords snouts are getting shorter these days it might be a good thing, to have more of those crosses 

• Like 2
On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:11, Kerny92 said:

Are they dim witted dogs? I always imagine that of them, not too clever.

More stubborn than anything. Very clever at getting what they want if it involves comfort or food! My one knew what the commands meant, I think he just chose to ignore them! You reach a compromise, "come here" would get a turn of the head and that "F**K you" look, so that turned into "WAit" and he'd stand still and wait for me to catch up to him . That pup in the last picture was an exception, at 14 weeks he'd hold everything in until he could get outside, he had good recall and would walk to heel off lead - I think he was a freak!  

10 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

More stubborn than anything. Very clever at getting what they want if it involves comfort or food! My one knew what the commands meant, I think he just chose to ignore them! You reach a compromise, "come here" would get a turn of the head and that "F**K you" look, so that turned into "WAit" and he'd stand still and wait for me to catch up to him . That pup in the last picture was an exception, at 14 weeks he'd hold everything in until he could get outside, he had good recall and would walk to heel off lead - I think he was a freak!  

Dead right Robert with how stubborn they can be, it's almost childish...

Mine was, to use an Americaism, a complete dufus at home too. Awkward, clumsy, dumb and completely stupid at times.

Different dog outside the house, switched on, self assured and sharp.!

Funny old dogs EBT's...

46 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Dead right Robert with how stubborn they can be, it's almost childish...

Mine was, to use an Americaism, a complete dufus at home too. Awkward, clumsy, dumb and completely stupid at times.

Different dog outside the house, switched on, self assured and sharp.!

Funny old dogs EBT's...

Yeah dufus covers it! Sometimes my mum would look after mine, when she'd try and go home from the park, he'd plant his feet, head down and refuse to move in the middle of the zebra crossing!

Have you had any since the one in the picture?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Yeah dufus covers it! Sometimes my mum would look after mine, when she'd try and go home from the park, he'd plant his feet, head down and refuse to move in the middle of the zebra crossing!

Have you had any since the one in the picture?

No, working dogs were always there and they filled his gap.

Always wanted another but couldn't justify it over real workers.

I dont belive in keeping more dogs than you have good graft for and i dont carry passengers.

I used mine for just about everything i could, or was doing at that time but it was a different world back then and I wouldn't use an EBT (or any other bull breed) for half the graft i used mine for now.

6 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

No, working dogs were always there and they filled his gap.

Always wanted another but couldn't justify it over real workers.

I dont belive in keeping more dogs than you have good graft for and i dont carry passengers.

I used mine for just about everything i could, or was doing at that time but it was a different world back then and I wouldn't use an EBT (or any other bull breed) for half the graft i used mine for now.

:thumbs:

21 minutes ago, Jerry71 said:

Far from dim witted mate, stubborn yes. 

i think of all 3 bull terriers = staff, pit, ebt , the  ebt  is the most  unpredictable  temp.  the staffs and pit  we  were all on average  good temps with people, but the  ebt were more sharp with people, and deff the better guard dogs .  my brother had 2  ebts  and both showed  good guarding  temp, the staff and pits were daft with people,  with dogs more so the pits were ready for a ruck, but that there genes kicking in. of all 3 breeds ,  a nice pit bitch  is what i prefer  . didnt   Simo   on here used to have  ebtx lurcher   black/white dog i think .!

• Like 1