• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

E.B.T. X From around 90/91...ish... Yokel

My kc bull terrier bitch from show stock here in the U.K. Doing well 

make you right there fella re: temperament, seen a good few iffy ones. don't get me wrong, i've also been around some a.p.b.t's and the occasional staff that you had to be on your toes around, but you

Posted Images

I knew a pig hunter in Blue Mountains near Sydney,used to breed English bull terriers for pig hunting.They were huge 40 to 50kg dogs and were very good at there job.He had a couple dozen at his place and rarely fought with each other,they were scary dogs.Hardley ever see bullies here these days except the odd show type.

On 19-1-2009 at 15:18, elcasoshaun said:

Yes, there are some still knocking about but not many in Britain, that´s for sure.

They are still used here in spain for example on wild boar, but are a much sleeker, more agile type of dog than the KC-ruined heavy-set type.Was speaking with an Argentinian lad and he told me there are still the old fit type BT´s over there as well.

I have seen Lyndon´s dogs on his site and they are the best things I have seen by miles. Seem to be brimming with fitness and strength.

I am interested in finding more people trying to put the breed right, working them instead of letting em kip on sofas all their lives

Kayteetess,if you don´t mind, what lines are known for working?

Cheers

Shaun

Hi mate. You live in Spain you say? We've got this boar-dog. Both parents are boar hunters. But it can also be used as a protection dog for cattle and family.  Do you recognise this breed?

Btw I didnt know EBT were still game dogs.

Ive never met a EBT worthy of using as a workingdog at all. Nice to hear they ard still around. But cant imagine they are purebred EBT. Must be some other workingdog lines in it. -and I dont mind crossbreeding at all! If it serves the purpose.... why not

IMG-20180320-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20180320-WA0028.jpg

• Like 2

Good pic bosun my Mrs had one when I first met her bullseye a very good laid back temp but great guard dog he turned in to a great ratter to and would brash but his ears use to tear easy though but loved doing a bit given his chance his son was the same but we all had fun Mrs included I do like there temperament 

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 1
On 03/04/2018 at 21:13, dutchjozef said:

Hi mate. You live in Spain you say? We've got this boar-dog. Both parents are boar hunters. But it can also be used as a protection dog for cattle and family.  Do you recognise this breed?

Btw I didnt know EBT were still game dogs.

Ive never met a EBT worthy of using as a workingdog at all. Nice to hear they ard still around. But cant imagine they are purebred EBT. Must be some other workingdog lines in it. -and I dont mind crossbreeding at all! If it serves the purpose.... why not

IMG-20180320-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20180320-WA0028.jpg

is that an alano?

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

is that an alano?

Yes sir. Thats an alano. We had to wait a few years, cos all of the studs died during the big bore hunts. His mom and dad are both proven bore hunters and are still active these days. So we got a truely proven working line.

4 hours ago, dutchjozef said:

Yes sir. Thats an alano. We had to wait a few years, cos all of the studs died during the big bore hunts. His mom and dad are both proven bore hunters and are still active these days. So we got a truely proven working line.

thought hunting with alanos presas dogos etc was illegal in spain (not that it matters lol)

nice dog mate