How do i stop my cockeral attacking me?

Hi all,

For my sons birthday present a freind of ours bought him a bloody great big white cockeral, the problem is it has suddenly taken a big dislike to me! My hubby and my son are safe as are the dogs but me, well! lol

It waits outside the door for me to go out for the school run every morning. On the weekends it waits till i go out even if its the afternoon. It chases me and jumps on me and scratches me and i have bruises from the bloody thing! It frightens the life out of me and i have tried being brave, i chased it off a couple of times but it just makes him worse and as soon as my back is turned he is on me like a little ball of feathery fury!

It has only started doing this about 3 weeks ago but it is getting worse and i dont want to kill it because its my lads pet but i cant get out the house to do anything with out worrying about it!

The video is just a clip to show people what it does, it is worse than that if i go out the house but im too scared too!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4wEjd_x3-mg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

For my sons birthday present a freind of ours bought him a bloody great big white cockeral, the problem is it has suddenly taken a big dislike to me! My hubby and my son are safe as are the dogs but me, well! lol

It waits outside the door for me to go out for the school run every morning. On the weekends it waits till i go out even if its the afternoon. It chases me and jumps on me and scratches me and i have bruises from the bloody thing! It frightens the life out of me and i have tried being brave, i chased it off a couple of times but it just makes him worse and as soon as my back is turned he is on me like a little ball of feathery fury!

It has only started doing this about 3 weeks ago but it is getting worse and i dont want to kill it because its my lads pet but i cant get out the house to do anything with out worrying about it!

The video is just a clip to show people what it does, it is worse than that if i go out the house but im too scared too!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4wEjd_x3-mg

RING ITS BLOODY NECK!!!!!

I really dont want to kill it, its my sons pet. What about chicken phscology? I dont know much about what they behave like? is it because he thinks im the boss and he wants to be the boss, wouldnt blame him if he thought that because i am the boss! :laugh:

I wont kill him. I might get al to make a pen for him and his chicks so he cant get me anymore though.

Whippeter69 It bloody hurts! i got bruises down the backs of my legs!

Al is pissin himself laugin while he videos it!

I really dont want to kill it, its my sons pet. What about chicken phscology? I dont know much about what they behave like? is it because he thinks im the boss and he wants to be the boss, wouldnt blame him if he thought that because i am the boss! :laugh:

I wont kill him. I might get al to make a pen for him and his chicks so he cant get me anymore though.

Whippeter69 It bloody hurts! i got bruises down the backs of my legs!

Al is pissin himself laugin while he videos it!

What about putting it in a hutch or something ? ;)

If you have no hen's out with it try sticking a few with him he might just change his attention to them..if you have and it dont work kneck the fecker and get another..

Millet

Yep he has hens and we also have another cockeral, he is ginger and white and really freindly. I have done nothing different with this one but it just doesnt like me!

They are allowed out to roam where ever they want to go, we got 70 + acres around the farm and they go into the fields sometimes and then roost up in the shed at night so i think they have a good life and cant understand where his issues with me come from!

post-22007-1231419542_thumb.jpg

he he he that vid was funny but all that waving about just made it mad so all it's doing is defending it's self

all you have to do is pick it up take it under ur arm for half an hour aday and if when you put it down it starts to freak out pick it up and do it again untill he stops

other than that ring it's neck .

at the end of the day it's just doing what it should be doing .m

he he he that vid was funny but all that waving about just made it mad so all it's doing is defending it's self

all you have to do is pick it up take it under ur arm for half an hour aday and if when you put it down it starts to freak out pick it up and do it again untill he stops

other than that ring it's neck .

at the end of the day it's just doing what it should be doing .m

I have to shoo it off, if i ignore it it chases me! It waits for me to come out the house and if its not there when it hears the door open it runs round and gets me!

Ill try handling it a bit more but it scares the life out of me, i can only catch it at night when he is roosted up will this be ok to handle him then?

my mate had one, we called it SATAN, it was evil everyone went round the farm armed with a bit of 3x2 cos it would come at you tallons out from 50 yards away.

funny until it went for his little niece, it was shot that day and we ate it.

it was as tough to eat as it was in real life.

it wont change get rid and tell your son it has flown off somewhere!

grab your sef a landing net and try in the day take it with you when washing up or cleaning the house .

it's like any animal if it senses fear it will play on it .

the stig is right it's treating you as a hen and is trying to put u in your place .

if you can find it in the day grab it at night or lock it up at night and then ull have him in the morning as soon as he realises he's not the boss of you the quicker you can get on with ur day without the fear of him attacking you .

hope it helps but in the end if you dont kill it. it will die one day either a fox or old age will do it so dont feel to bad.m

he fancys you :D

:laugh::laugh:

i was`nt jokin he`s just trying to get you in the pecking order he`s a dominant male you just need to find a way of not being submisive to him .. try him in a dog cage in the kitchen while your cooking or something let him know he dont bother you if that fails you can always show him the oven .. Edited by the_stig