How do i stop my cockeral attacking me?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why you trying to kick it for 2 mins what looks like trying to get out of the house just to go back in the house? i like how you looked up at the camera at the end which was pure grammy stuff .

cant you feed it to your proper bullx ?

Well this is what i have to do every morning when i take my lad to school, i have to try and get him far enough away so i can make a dash to the car lol! If i just walk straight out and ignore him h punces on me and stabs his claw into my leg! It was hubbies idea to video it so he could have a laugh with my dad when he came down over christmas :icon_redface: About 5 mins before the video was taken it chased me round the land rover and i managed to get into the garage but then couldnt get out again! it is what happens every day, just that day we videoed it as evidence! lol!

My dogs are livestock broken other wise i might be tempted lol!

Labs have you ever given him a right proper booting across the yard, or has he always gotten the upper hand?

Nope never, he always got the upper hand but now when i go out i take the mop out with me and chase him off with it! seems to be doing the trick so far but if i dont have my wits about me he still has a go!

thankfully all of ours are non-people-agressive :D so this might not work as I've no experience, but if it was me with a demonically posessed rooster I'd put on a couple layers of pants and heavy boots armed with a broom and head out there to face him head on. One well aimed kick or whack might solve your problem. Or it will make it worse, but then at least you'll know you did everything you could before you had to wring it's neck.

I can't imagine your kid would want the rooster MORE than he'd want his mom safe. But he is a male, and males have different ideas than us sometimes! Good luck (oh and film the showdown, I'd like to see what happens :good: )

thankfully all of ours are non-people-agressive :D so this might not work as I've no experience, but if it was me with a demonically posessed rooster I'd put on a couple layers of pants and heavy boots armed with a broom and head out there to face him head on. One well aimed kick or whack might solve your problem. Or it will make it worse, but then at least you'll know you did everything you could before you had to wring it's neck.

I can't imagine your kid would want the rooster MORE than he'd want his mom safe. But he is a male, and males have different ideas than us sometimes! Good luck (oh and film the showdown, I'd like to see what happens :good: )

Ha ha, right o, i will! watch this space, oh and my son finds it absolutely hilarous and watches out the window in histerics with his dad, he even locked me out there once, i had to take cover in the car! :diablo:

I had a little sh*t of a OEG banty cockerel. It was only after I'd beaten him half senseless that he stopped attacking me: they are tougher than they look! By beating half senseless I mean belting him with an old besom broom so as not to really damage the bird: just kept after it and whacking it with the broom until it gave up and ran away from me clucking like a silly hen. Infinitely preferable to being snuck up on from behind and being jabbed in the calves!

I was given a welsommer cockeral by a nieghbour, and it was soon apparent why he was so keen to get rid of the bugger!! He was a feckin phsycho! He would make a bee line straight for me or my lass whenevr we left the house! I did basically the same thing as you skycat, and taught him a lesson with a broom!! He learnt alright :D