.22 amunition for ruger 10/22

Anyone recomend a good .22 ammo for the ruger 10/22 I am using C C I subsonics but find the magazines jam on a regular basis. Magazines have been striped and cleaned on a few occasions so I assume they are ok.

cci are normally the best for them as the lead is coated,i never liked the acuracy with them though,winchetser are about the best but sometimes jam up or shave bullets, its best to clean the mags with boiling water not oil of any sort and make sure you have the spring wound back up properly when you put them back together

The 10/22 is notorious for jams and failures.

The rifle is still probably one of the best of a bad bunch, semis ALWAYS cause problems wether it be a rimmy or a shotgun!

The key "tends" to be maintenance and cleaning, but you will always get the good ones and the bad ones regardless.

Subs add to the problems of cycling, but then high velocity tend to have a spread like a shotgun.

Don't have one, don't want one, but used them several times and know several people who have them...Winchester subs (for some reason) do seem to be a top choice!

• 3 weeks later...

CCI work fine in my 10/22, 1/2 inch 10 shot group (2 flyers) rest key holed at 45yds, mine standard stainless barrel, never had a jam yet.

However i know of a 10/22 target and this shoots accurate but continually jams with CCI/RWS tried subs and HV even tried changing the edm extractor on the gun.....work in progress

Edited by chocky14u

A mate of mine has a Ruger b/a and a "cheapo" Magtech semi-auto. He uses Eley in the Ruger, but just the budget priced Magtech subs in the semi. It seems to cycle fine with these. You will get the odd jam with any s/a or brand of ammunition.

• 8 months later...