afternoon project

ok this is just a quick post to show you what could be put together in an afternoon .

it.s a 2f w x 3.7"h x4ft long

ok this was built with the worse selection of tools

a

hand saw witht a miter block cheapo from b&q

hammer

one drill with the shortest cord in the world

and me some mite be tempted to say a i was the biggest tool .lol

it looks a bit plain at the mo but thats my lads job at the weekend .

ok you carnt really see in the pics as my hands ware to cold to pull it out is a window and a hook to hang it from for when the summers gets warm .

i wanted a door at the back for collecting eggs but i couldnt find the hinges i bought so thats gunna be added at the wkend too .

so the access in from the roof witch makes for easy clean.

hope it all makes sense and if you want to make one urself i can put up instruction on how to buld it .m

post-18203-1231067274.jpg

post-18203-1231067306.jpg

post-18203-1231067327.jpg

WELL MH ,

ITS NICE TO SEE SOMEONE TRYING TO MAKE THEIR FOWLS LIFE A LITTLE BETTER ,

BECAUSE ....... HAPPY HEALTHY FOWL = BETTER PRODUCE AND MORE EGGS

MY OLD FELLA ONCE SAID TO ME .........

" SON , YOU CAN JUDGE A MAN VERY EASILY ON THE CONDITIONS HE KEEPS HIS STOCK "

A WISE MAN .. ... MY DA WAS :thumbs:

A FEW HELPFUL COMMENTS ??.........

I WOULD ADD A PERCH ...... EVEN IF ONLY LOW .......... ALL CHICKENS PREFER A PERCH FOR VARIOUS REASONS

ALSO A DOOR ..... ITS EASIER TO CATCH THEM WHEN THEY HAVE GONE TO ROOST BY SIMPLY SHUTTING THE DOOR FOR SUCH GENERAL CARE THINGS AS DELOUSEING , WORMING ETC

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

cheers for that fella

iv done all the right things buy what ur saying thave bin wormed a good dieat of fresh greens mixed corn and layers pellets oh and meal warm .

there is a perch in there but im thinking of changing it to 2 smaller ones and going the other way .there is a door it's just not in the pic for some reason .

my birds follow me around so catching them isnt a prob and when it come to nite time thay seem to find there way back and tucked them selfs away .by the time i get to put them away..

if you look at the second pic you can see the perch it's the bar going throw the middle very low but im gunna change it .m

GOOD ON YER MH ,

ONE OTHER THING I ALWAYS HAVE ......... NEST BOXES MADE OUT OF PLASTIC CONTAINERS ,

FOR MY FOWL 5 GALLON DRUMS , WHICH COULD EASILY BE SMALLER FOR BANTAM SIZED FOWL FROM SUCH AS PUTTY BUCKETS ETC , WITH SNAP ON LIDS

THESE ARE PERFECT ........... EASILY REMOVEABLE [ CLOCKERS CAN BE TRANFERED TO A DIFFERENT PEN ETC ] , TOTAL WASHABLE AND NO MITES ETC CAN LIVE IN THE CRACKS / JOINTS AS IN TIMBER

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

duckwing you now what thay say about great minds .

if you notice the blue box in the first pic iv allready got one in ready .once it strats drying up i'll put sum straw in it .

my little whit pekin bantam is allready laying me an egg aday .

if anyones got any ideas on how to stop the other chicks eating the eggs tho thatv would be great.m

duckwing you now what thay say about great minds .

if you notice the blue box in the first pic iv allready got one in ready .once it strats drying up i'll put sum straw in it .

my little whit pekin bantam is allready laying me an egg aday .

if anyones got any ideas on how to stop the other chicks eating the eggs tho thatv would be great.m

YES STRETCH EM !!