The Law on bodygrip placement

Evening All

I have to put me two pence worth in here you can talk about the law as much as you like but if you use a Fenn Mark 6 or a springer and uses it with the chain as it is and a hazel peg as seen in the game conservancy books.

Then it can only go into the hole about 9" to a foot, there you go case closed :notworthy:

Regards Roger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evening All

I have to put me two pence worth in here you can talk about the law as much as you like but if you use a Fenn Mark 6 or a springer and uses it with the chain as it is and a hazel peg as seen in the game conservancy books.

Then it can only go into the hole about 9" to a foot, there you go case closed :notworthy:

Regards Roger

well your right to a point, but theres nothing to stop you putting the peg in the ground down the hole, i know some who sit the trap on top of the peg. if you do it this way there would be no limit to the depth, you could put it.

personaly like you oldroyd i usualy peg, just outside the entrance :thumbs:

Section 9 (Pest Act 1954) Specifies that traps set for rabbits or hares must be in rabbit holes. The courts have held that a rabbit hole is that part of a burrow which is inside the ground and covered by the roof, not the ground which is scraped away outside; the trap must be wholly within the overhang of the burrow.

Source of this information: Fair Game by Charlie Parkes & John Thornley ( The law of countrysports and the protection of wildlife)

I think someone is splitting hairs here.....Read what is said above about section 9 of the Pest Act 1954....!

The overhang part is merely the deffinition by the courts of what they deem a rabbit hole to be.....and therefore although not actually stated in the act...........would still be LAW........So by deffinition a trap for rabbits needs to be set within the overhang of a hole.

Seems pretty straightforward to me..........unless i'm missing something.

Personaly i think its very much cluching at straws to quote case law from a book which is more than 15 years old which is most likely refering to an indavidual case which is even older, public opiion has changed a great deal in that space of time regarding animal welfare and rights etc so i definitely wouldnt rely on a definition from a book highlighting a specific case, i would keep myself within the exact wording of the actuall law that exists, not something someone once defined it as many years ago.

You who's clutching at straws pal.......so you blindly follow the act which was made law some 54 years ago.......with complete disregard for modern interpretations. So.......tell us as were all dying to know........how far down a rabbit hole would you place your trap to stay within the law?.........you know a lot about holes obviously as you keep digging a deeper and deeper one.

Seems even the moderators cant even have a civil discussion when someone disagrees with them?? god forbid anyone willing to have an opinion and disagree with what one of the regulars sais.Im finished with this site, its a joke.

what you just siad works both ways ED, theres no need to chuck your dummy out and leave the site, thats just being childish,

im sure you have plenty to offer the site.

Does anyone have a leghold for that Theodore Bear that Ed C had lost out of his pram..... :D
brilliant, almost roasted my leg with my tea , laughing .

:angry: we lost ed cook to this cra*

AND THE PROBLEM IS ????????????

AFTER WATCHING HIS FILM , I THINK ........ NOPE ......... I KNOW , WE HAVE FAR MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE MEN ON HERE

WHO ARENT GOING TO BULLSHIT GREEN HORNS AND THE GENUINE NEWBIES WILL BE HELPED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

FREE GRATIS ........ AS A LOT HAVE FOUND OUT

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Does anyone have a leghold for that Theodore Bear that Ed C had lost out of his pram..... :D
brilliant, almost roasted my leg with my tea , laughing .

:angry: we lost ed cook to this cra*

we thought we had lost you once, but you slid back,and now you are getting the word crap ,mixed up ,with what we grown ups call wit,just to help you tell the differrence BETWEEN WIT, AND CRAP in the future ,

IN YOUR CASE SIR, IT IS NOT WIT THAT STOPS YOUR EARS FROM CRASHING TOGETHER.

• 5 months later...

just so you all know this is not the real ed cook that your're all familiar with i know this 100% just another :wankerzo4: trying to stir shit