did anyone else grow up in a anti-hunt house hold?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jpt ill go lamping with you :D:laugh: what happens when your feller bends you over? that cant be good for your back :laugh:

haha i new that was coming :icon_redface:......and if you dont believe me "FSH" i did my back from being throughn off a horse too many times with out wearing a body protector (best one was two summersaults and landing on one knee very OUCH) and have the scars to proove it from coming off on a road, but being stooped over and digging gave me hell but with lamping you dont have to be stooped over jess (my lurcher) puts the rabbit in my hand every time and the terrier is used for the occasional dig and loves to just run about being her happy little self so these days i have only the occasional back ache which is great

and your welcome any time the more the merrier

heres some pics if you dont believe me

post-25387-1240300175.jpg

post-25387-1240300186.jpg

but anyway this is getting rather sad, actually very sad, if you have a personal problem with me feel free to PM me.....this is getting rather boring and pretty sad that you hang on my every word

well my mother used to hunt her horse but now doesnt like it and my dads the same, grandmother is also anti (very much so, have to keep it secret that i work my dogs), one of my couzins is vegetarian and anti hunt...i come in all jolly when the dogs have made a good kill/kills and all i get is "dont tell me about that its awful"....doesnt half beat you down sometimes :angry:

just wondered if anyone else is in/was in this situation!

none of this in my family, apart from the odd one of my sisters screaming at the sight of a dead bunny lol

Im growing up in anti hunt family, but never actually hunted or worked my dog .. but always been into it, now got bf hu likes it and family dont like it

its soo annoying, espec. when i wanna go out places with him or we go down to his nans and use his guns etc.. they dont like it. But i was hoping to start hunting when i got a better horse for it, and also work my dogs .. and when older get some ferrets

When i get older i'll be able to ignore there veiws of junting more .. .lol

It is very annoying growing up in a mostly anti hunt family. :angry::(

Im growing up in anti hunt family, but never actually hunted or worked my dog .. but always been into it, now got bf hu likes it and family dont like it

its soo annoying, espec. when i wanna go out places with him or we go down to his nans and use his guns etc.. they dont like it. But i was hoping to start hunting when i got a better horse for it, and also work my dogs .. and when older get some ferrets

its horrible aint it, everything is so much harder because they dont understand, cant get lifts etc etc its a pain but i swear if they stop you then just say "would you rather me be drinking and doing drugs" although that back fired on me as my mother said she would rather me go clubbing, but my mother is backward

me and my boyfriend go lamping all the time its great, we take both the dog and a gun and take turns slipping and shooting....i love it

Edited by JPTfellterrier

i know how you feel i tell my blood dad about it all i get is i know what your best intressts are and thats cooking and giveing birth i looked at him slapped him and ran away then he said it again while he was very very very very drunk so i nicked his wallet and got a taxi into town lol never gets me down makes me want to do it even more..

• 1 month later...

well sort of, just me mam dont mind me goin out, she just thinks its cruel and she dont like it if i bring them in:L one my jack russel called kaii( sadly dead now :( ) he caught a rabbit, and i opend the door and he ran streight upsters into memams room:L she was screemin :L hahaha

I'm not growing up in a non hunt house hold my father wasn't a hunter and my mother has never done it but they don't disapprove of me doing it alot of my other relatives don't agree with it. But i agree with the last fella.

Guest busterdog

Ive bin looking at your thread and know exactly what you're on about, my old man wouldn't have me rabbiting, he used to boil the knifes i used for skinning just to make a point.

When i had my first terriers at 15 he threw a wobbler and kicked me out !!! while I'm forty now and i still haven't gone back :cry: .

I have had terriers for 25 years and have been professional and armature to several hunts. If you love hunting enough you will put up with all sorts of shit, i have never regretted a day ONE LIFE LIVE IT.

I would also like to say I've met some damned good people through hunting.

Edited by busterdog

Exactly the position im in. JordKil is my boyfriend but my family dont know what he does.... they aren'y quite inclined that way. So I'll just wait till we are living further away from them. :D My dog Shadow takes off after rabbits, deer, fox anything and they just dont understand why he want to hurt the little rabbits :clapper: They were MORTIFIED when i showed them a pic of his first rabbit... OMG it was class but I just act niavely. My granda had racing greyhound and his father before him so its natural for me to take interest. Its just halarious when the GSDxHusky does it infront of my folks 'Not little innocent Shadow'.

ATB

Leanne