did anyone else grow up in a anti-hunt house hold?

This reminds me of the time when i was at the farm yard with my sister were i shoot and this old bag came up to me and said are you the one who shoots the rabbits then i said why have you seen any about she said no i said well then. You should of seen her face drop...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye they dont apreciate when i plonk them on the table....pisses me right off and starts endless arguements, they usually go somthing like this

me:"got a good haul last night"

mother:"dont tell me about that"

me: "your backward you"

mother "jenny your trying to provoce a arguement again"

me"oh feck off will you....bloody antis"

:laugh:

Stop swearing at your mam show some respect girl lol :blink::blink:

its a strange sort of terets :laugh: cant help it

f**k, bollox, arse

I grew up in a city, thinking hunting was horrible - but in truth knowing nothing at all about it.

I only got interested in lurchers when I moved to England five years ago. Now I absolutely love it, and have a very different view than the one I had growing up. I sent an email and pictures home to some of my family and my brother told me off for it :laugh: Can't kill little bunnies, it's very cruel you know :clapper: My mum is more understanding but wouldn't want to see it. My dad thinks I'm nuts, but in a good way. Then again, my Dad thinks the sun shines out of my ass and I couldn't do anything wrong in his eyes if I tried :D I'm proud to be a Daddy's girl :)

No point in chucking it their faces if they don't like it and causing arguements tho. Each to their own. If you want them to respect what you do, you have to respect what you do - and respect them as well ;)

Funny thing is that if i were to go out and catch some rabbit/pheasant or anything else gamey and i cooked it, they would not touch it, i ask them do they want some and the answer would be "im not touching it if you have killed it and cooked it" but if they got t in the super market they wouldn't think twice about not eating it.

Funny i know lol

My sister used to be really quite anti but after a good 5 years of bringing in the days bounty she now sort of ignores it. my advice just get on with it...they slowly wear down eventually...just dont leave what you just shot on cream carpet....not good idea

Guest allroundhunter

The first time I went out with us uncle killed 20 rats with terriers you couldnt shut me up lol or keep me in lol living on a council estate wasnt much fun back in my day so getting out with us dogs ferrets an guns was the best thing for me and my parents agreed. Rather than hanging round the streets of Liverpool getting in to all sorts of mischief lol I was out hunting but was still in church on sundays lol priest wasnt too impressed when I skipped sunday school though an went ferreting instead lol.

Guest allroundhunter
Funny thing is that if i were to go out and catch some rabbit/pheasant or anything else gamey and i cooked it, they would not touch it, i ask them do they want some and the answer would be "im not touching it if you have killed it and cooked it" but if they got t in the super market they wouldn't think twice about not eating it.

Funny i know lol

I dont trust anything that says best before the end of lol My games normally gone after a week plus if I fancy a bit of cow I go my local butchers and support his business there a dieing breed since these supermarkets. I use to love going the green grocers and smelling all the fruit an veg in season and going the bread shop an smelling the bread just baked arrr that smell of bread just baked is awsome wouldnt you all agree? I just think now this countrys way of shopping is dieing off sorry to say and I know you carnt stop progress but is it really where individual shops sold seperate produce are either charity shops or take aways its a shame sorry for getting off the point mate but just miss the world of yester year all the best ARH..

When i think back my mothers very hard hearted , i remember her reaction when she left out the rabbit in its run & it was killed by a fox, she was all for blowing its brains out with a 12 bore untill it was pointed out to her that she couldnt do that kind of thing in her back garden :laugh:

She has never raised an eyebrow here when seeing rabbits being gutted etc , my dads not fussed about it either , they did follow the Shropsire hunt for a while but that was years ago

my wife is not anti but dose not like it lol, if i bring home some rabbits i have to ypass her straight away to the kithcen,sort them out then come and say hello, if she knows i am going out with a mate for some deer shooting then she goes ape, and if she knows ive been in a fox shoot she goes bloody mental at me, but thats her, my mum hates all animals so dont batter a eye lid, and my sister hates the idea of what i do. so as long as i dont metion it and she dont know where all happy lol.

i have a sister older than me whos totally anti! where like chalk and cheese!

shes that anti blood she attacked me with the hay fork at the horses for clearing the rats out of the feed shed with the terrier!!

wont shed blood of a animal,but quiet happy to puncture a few holes in me!!

lol shes bloody wappy

• 3 months later...