land rover 90

landrovers are definately overated piles of shite they have a record of being the highest cost motor to keep running, as they break something everytime they look at a puddle, i get loads of call outs every season to tow out lads that have got stuck lamping, and nearly everytime its a landrover, gutless, uncomfy, cold heaps of junk they are, and there so good off road that you have to spend £5k on one to try and stop it from getting stuck jap moters will piss on them everytime..... ;)

Now Lucky we all now that once you bottom any vehicle your stuck even tracked vehicles consider this do landy owners expect to much from them and drive them harder of road than someone with a jap vehicle with good body lines and plastic bumpers.Iadmit the biuld is poor highest cost to run don't think so.! Track rod end landy £12 average jap £30 and its the same for most running costs.

landrover parts have to be cheap, just like sherpa parts were simply because they break so often, japanese motors are built properly they cost next to nothing to maintain, as oposed to land rovers, i have a lot of mates in the motor buisness, one rebuilds landrovers and always has atleast 10 for sale, he drives a land cruiser, an other pal sells a lot of land rovers here and abroad he drives a hi lux, neither of them would dream of running a landrover there self.... ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 07 plate landrover defender it is without a doubt the most uncomfortable thing to drive going. Unless you have stumps for arms then you may aswell be a jack in the box. It was slow, it was uncomfortable and it was cold. IMO theres alot better motors out there.

Edited to add: it spent more time in the garage than it did on the road

Edited by MURPHY

I love mine (1989 One Ten).

It does what I need, goes where I want and has been very reliable to date.

I can fill it full of dead things and not worry about the trim getting ruined, tow a cattle trailer full of equipment and also fit 10 people + me in it which is a boon where we live as taxis are £40 just to drive down the road (robbing b*stids).

Ok they have their faults and I'm not saying they are any better or worse than other makes, but I love them.

For anyone interested. I have a site here dedicated to my Land Rover One ten

/mad

MR T POT you know that motor factors can't supply many parts for jap 4x4 and the landy stuff is cheap.Lads who know a bit about motors can keep their landys on the road themselfs .Having said that i have used both and repaird all types at the end of the day it's persanel joice but formost it comes down to what you nead your 4x4 for.OFF ROAD /MOTORWAY/ TOWING/GOODS/POSEING,OR A MIX AND MATCH.For the record i use a 90 T5 and it does the job for me.

We have no need to supply jap parts anyway there is no call for them, unlike landys :D.

And the lads who so called know a BIT about motors(kerbside mechanics as we call them)are the best customers because they always feck up what they are doing and have to come back for the same part. ;):D

come on guys you must admit :) Landrover been around since adam was a boy, & some of the first built are still running, :blink: sold millions all over the world and are still going strong, i dont think there is a farmer in the country that hasen,t had a landy at some time or other ;) just remember it,s a specific tool for a specific job with no frills!!!! how many 1950,s jap vehicles do you see still running :icon_redface::icon_redface:

Edited by keithparry
MR T POT you know that motor factors can't supply many parts for jap 4x4 and the landy stuff is cheap.Lads who know a bit about motors can keep their landys on the road themselfs .Having said that i have used both and repaird all types at the end of the day it's persanel joice but formost it comes down to what you nead your 4x4 for.OFF ROAD /MOTORWAY/ TOWING/GOODS/POSEING,OR A MIX AND MATCH.For the record i use a 90 T5 and it does the job for me.

PLEASE REFER TO YOUR FIRST QUOTE YOU STATE YOU SELL MORE PARTS FOR LANDYS THAN JAPS I SAY AS YOU CANNOT SUPPLY JAP PARTS YOU ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO MAKE A COMPARISON AS FOR (kerbside machanics most are full time machanics having to do work on the side to boost thier income so you and your fellow workers in a nice warm office shoud'nt throw stones at people having to get dirty for a living and how many jap 4x4 s can be fixed at the kerbside.)

PLEASE REFER TO YOUR FIRST QUOTE YOU STATE YOU SELL MORE PARTS FOR LANDYS THAN JAPS I SAY AS YOU CANNOT SUPPLY JAP PARTS YOU ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO MAKE A COMPARISON AS FOR (kerbside machanics most are full time machanics having to do work on the side to boost thier income so you and your fellow workers in a nice warm office shoud'nt throw stones at people having to get dirty for a living and how many jap 4x4 s can be fixed at the kerbside.)

My jap 4x4 has never needed fixing, and neither has my wifes. :)

O i am in a postion to make a comparison.

I may have worded that wrong BUT we do every part for every car including jap cars,we don;t always have them in stock but we can get them the same day or the next morning and i don't sit in a warm office ;).And the kerbside mechanics are still good custermers because even full time mechanics need the tools to do the job,and they are in the garage half the time not at the side off the road so they improvise and cock it up ;).

Edited by MR TEA POT