land rover 90

TATA, are the owners mate, not that it matters, still good motors

although TATA own jaguar and landrover, they are just the admin and money behind it so your right it doesnt really matter who own them, its the same design team thats designing the new ones who designed the old landy's, land rovers are fantastic - i got two!!!

just to let you know that TATA also own tetley tea, and the uk side of corus steel,

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TATA, are the owners mate, not that it matters, still good motors

although TATA own jaguar and landrover, they are just the admin and money behind it so your right it doesnt really matter who own them, its the same design team thats designing the new ones who designed the old landy's, land rovers are fantastic - i got two!!!

just to let you know that TATA also own tetley tea, and the uk side of corus steel,

:yes: agri :thumbs:

I've traveled a fair bit and it looks to me that where people have to put there lives in the hands of there vehicles then they choose Land Cruisers. Such as outback Australia and the middle east.

"If you want to see the Australian outback take a Land Rover, if you want to come back take a Toyota!"

I've traveled a fair bit and it looks to me that where people have to put there lives in the hands of there vehicles then they choose Land Cruisers. Such as outback Australia and the middle east.

"If you want to see the Australian outback take a Land Rover, if you want to come back take a Toyota!"

and if that fails get a vitara never been stuck in mine spent £17 on her in 16mths

and if that fails get a vitara never been stuck in mine spent £17 on her in 16mths

thats the trouble with this country no national pride, as ive said before if you drive a landy right it will go forever, amateurs jump in pdeal to the metal like they are driving a audi (german shit, i known from experiance) if they went on a off road driving course they'd learn where they are going wrong ive done 89000 in mine its never let me down, once had a shogan but ill not go into that, and before you start it was showroom new ( piece of shit allways in the dock )

thats the trouble with this country no national pride, as ive said before if you drive a landy right it will go forever, amateurs jump in pdeal to the metal like they are driving a audi (german shit, i known from experiance) if they went on a off road driving course they'd learn where they are going wrong ive done 89000 in mine its never let me down, once had a shogan but ill not go into that, and before you start it was showroom new ( piece of shit allways in the dock )

face it landy's had its day

landcruiser way better motor than a landy, even when i took my cruiser on a off road course thing the instructors all said it, a landrover is only really 2 wheel drive unless you put other non standard diff locks on them,toyota cruisers have all locking diffs as standard and an engine to die for

LANDROVERS are cheap to fix and are fairly reliable...bloody uncomfortable and drafty...discovery's are very good and id put them up against anything...jap stuff tends to be plasticy and when they go wrong they are expensive,my mrs has a 90 county for work and i have a 300 ES disco and a jaguar for going out and about in...iv always supported british vehicles,i guess now they are all indian.. :blink::angry::(

landrovers are definately overated piles of shite they have a record of being the highest cost motor to keep running, as they break something everytime they look at a puddle, i get loads of call outs every season to tow out lads that have got stuck lamping, and nearly everytime its a landrover, gutless, uncomfy, cold heaps of junk they are, and there so good off road that you have to spend £5k on one to try and stop it from getting stuck jap moters will piss on them everytime..... ;)

Many moons ago, I was an off road driving instructor in the Lake District, with a company that is no more.(Unfortunately)

I have done most, if not all types of offroading for work and pleasure, I still off road for pleasure. (when the kids let me)

In my opinion the most important things on an of road vehicle are the tyres, ground clearance and the driver.

I have tried all most all the off road vehicles on the market, not all, in the extreme situations that i have put 90's or 110 's through though.

I did miltary testing for Torsen differentials, I trained most of the utility companies inthe North of England in off roading and recovery in the eary 90's. I did the Uk Jeep launch when they first came in the country, I nurse maided 'countless' off road journalists in their Japanese 4x4, on proper off road courses. Not just mud plugging pits (you can tell a journalist, he the one with a rope slung over the bonnet of his vehicle to ease the unsticking process) he's also the one that doesnt understand the principles off roading, like crossing rutts at right angles) I assisted in the training of the support crews for the Camel Trophy. I dont class my self as an expert though.

My personal choice is still a Landrover 90.!!

But that isnt to say there aren't some very good other vehicles out there. It may be I have to have a compromise vehicle instead of my defender, based on space and running cost. These crewcab vevicles make great family trucks, whichare capeable of off roading in 90 % of the situations that a 90/110 can cope with. If i were going down south on a motorway..for sure.. i'd take the land Cruiser ever time, but when i got there, i want my landy back.

Stick me up Sca Fell though, it would be a 90 on Mud Terrains over anything else.

It is under extreme conditions that things lke approach angle, departure angle, articulation etc,etc come in to play.

I have a lot of respect for stuff from Suzuki..They do what they say on the tin..With the least complication.

Matt